Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #16
HondaHater
AF Enthusiast

Re: RHD conversion for a 240sx

wtf? what car are you converting to gtr34?
Old 05-26-2004, 03:03 PM   #17
Orion83
AF Newbie

Re: Re: RHD conversion for a 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHater
wtf? what car are you converting to gtr34?
I didn’t say I’m converting the whole car to R34 GTR, just cosmetically, the front and rear. ohh and its a 89 240sx hatchback, which is the only reason I’m starting to change my mind on it. Originally I thought it might be a pretty sweet looking car, a hatch back with R34 tail lights. But after seeing the estimate and just thinking it over. I’m probably just gona re sell all the parts I already own, and just do an S15 front conversion. The cars already has the RHD conversion, and an RB20DET.
Orion83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:53 PM   #18
HondaHater
AF Enthusiast

do you live in arizona?

anyways, dont do r34 on a hatch, imo i think its whack. anyways yes it does cost alot. do s13, 14, 15 when it comes to using an s13 chassis cuz it's much easier. but if you ever do an r34 be sure to show pics. or photochop it and see how it comes out. i would like to see
Old 05-27-2004, 09:10 AM   #19
Orion83
AF Newbie

Re: Re: RHD conversion for a 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHater
do you live in arizona?

anyways, dont do r34 on a hatch, imo i think its whack. anyways yes it does cost alot. do s13, 14, 15 when it comes to using an s13 chassis cuz it's much easier. but if you ever do an r34 be sure to show pics. or photochop it and see how it comes out. i would like to see
Ya actually i did live in AZ until Nov. of last year, i dont know how you knew that but...ok, any way, Ya i did have a photochoped image but i cant find it, if i do ill get it to ya. and actually it did look pretty cool, but its the damn cost im not happy with
Orion83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 12:59 PM   #20
HondaHater
AF Enthusiast

well i knew that cuz i also know someone, not personally, just thru nf, someone with a rb20, rhd in a 240
Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #21
zenkikid
AF Newbie

Re: dont put in the RB!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfromhb
the rb26dett is too heavy for the 240sx chassis it will give you about i 65/35 front rear weight distribution. this will make your poor 240sx spin happy through the corners.you can use this engine for a drag car with huge slicks in the rear but for a daily driver or a track car this is the wrong engine.a better engine is the sr20det this is what i have a it runs 480whp at 25psi of boost with 50/50 weight distribution and pulls a solid 1.0 G of grip. the reason this engine works well in the skyline is four wheel drive.

pleeez dont put in the time and effort just to get a spin happy 240sx

dude i never really get on these things but i seen this and it kinda gets me mad when people say this crap

something from my friends at nico

**Yes, it is more weight, around 150lbs more for a rb25 swap. the weight isnt important tho, its the weight shift. it really depends on engine/transmission and how you mount it (i.e. crossmember or aftermarket mounts), but realistically your looking at 2-3% overall weight shift. if you look at the numbers in a 3000lb car thats only a 60-90lb shift forward. just to put that in perspective, 12 gallons of gas weighs roughly 100lbs so there is more of a shift between a full and empty tank, than a RB swap. IT DOES NOT DESTROY THE WEIGHT BALANCE OF THE CAR***

the only prob you might run into is finding parts depends on where you are but there are ways around it and i have an sr love it but i need more(they say more boost gets you laid lol) thats why im going rb26 and its all about what you wanna do
zenkikid is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX