Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 02:41 AM   #1
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Silvia in the States

Speaking for the US: I'm surprised that even with all the Skyline hubbub, Silvia (all models), the other much envied Nissan has no more than a couple posts in this forum. Then again, we do get a small taste through the S13-14 240SX.

Alright, let's see your best S13 240SX coupe --> S13 Silvia conversions, or S14 240SX --> S15 conversions.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 06:48 PM   #2
Initial D
AF Regular

I absolutly love the silvia, I tried to have 2 nissan dealers import me one, but one said it would be 65k to import one(i have no clue where he came up with this type of figure.) Would love to see some pics of sil80s.
Initial D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 05:25 AM   #3
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Recreating the Silvia in the States with SR20s is fairly commonplace now (not to degrade the conversion--it's still an awe-inspiring masterpiece), but has anyone considered VQ30/35 integrations? Even though most VQs are transversely mounted meaning you can only find front-wheel drive transmissions, a few future Nissans will have VQ + rear-wheel drivetrains. You can even find rear-wheel drive (or even 4-wheel drive) trannys for the VQs on the most recent Pathfinder. I'd love to see something like this. Of course, an RB transplant would be wonderful too, but it sure seems highly unlikely with its rarity, and upkeep would be horrendous.
Old 06-22-2001, 05:40 AM   #4
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
I once saw an S12 240SX that had the appropriate Silvia sticker/badge on the back. Couldn't tell if anything else was changed.

There are a handful of S14s around that have the S15 headlights fitted in, but again, I don't know if any of the under-the-hood hardware has been swapped out.

I, too, am eagerly waiting for pics. The S15 Silvia Varietta is part of my screen saver rotation.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 03:39 PM   #5
CRESSIDA
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CRESSIDA
www.sileightymania.com go there for sil80 pics and videos.

CRESSIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 04:15 AM   #6
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Another crude 'me too' website. It's a painstaking duty to locate the needles in the haystacks. AF was a superb find amongst the loads of wasted netspace; it was quite entertaining to see AF featured in the "Webside" section of the September 2001 Sport Compact Car issue, as well as having Igor's name mentioned. Always a growing industry, one will never be able to easily differentiate gold from pyrite, but sometimes the searches pay off. Hopefully, the extra publicity will support additional attention towards Nissan's greatness; hopefully, it won't draw the riceology/junkshow scene to plague their presence here.
Old 02-02-2002, 12:01 AM   #7
JDMEddie
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JDMEddie
madd phat yo

Kills:
- Assorted Hondas
- 2003 V-6 Eclipse
- 1989 Toyota Supra N/A

JDMEddie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX