Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
cyruslam
AF Newbie

Great power loss...............

two days ago, my sol have done a oil flush and oil change (also the oil filter).

after that i found my sol have loss a lot of power than before.
when i startt the car, the rev stay at about 600, then when i accelerate (gear1), very slow.

and i change gear and accelerate harder, the rev does go up a lot, and then drop back after a few seconds, but the speed didnt increase much.

what would be the problem? clutch? engine? spark?? anyway that i could checK and how?

Also if 15w-40 and 5w-40 both were added to the engine (e.g half half), will that cause any problem?
cyruslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #2
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
Re: Great power loss...............

You NEVER want to mix oil viscosities. and BOTH of those are too heavy for your car. Between those two things being done wrong, your motor is probably moving very sluggishly. 15w40 is like sludge. I run 10w50 in my car, but only during race season. The proper motor oil weight for a honda is 5w30. If you got your oil changed somewhere, bring it back, tell them to do it with 5w30 and ONLY 5w30, and tell them they best be doin it for free. I would also check your oil filter to make sure it's tight enough. Then either open your oil cap or pull off the valve cover to see how everything under there looks. If they're covered in oil too thick you can be on your way to some trouble.

HOW TO POST PICS!
94SolGrl is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol