Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #1
livinincalifornia
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to livinincalifornia
Interesting Kill...

Well I had to take my old pop's truck out today to pick up some stuff for the backyard and I came across a bodykitted 94 civic hatchback with some type of tailight conversion. So I pull up next to him and I follow him to this old coutry road about 3 miles out. I pull up next to him and we both pull over. He asks me if I have a honda at home and I tell him about my stock DX. He gives me his number in case I needed help with my car, and he shows me his engine which was a JDM B16 with a small looked like homemade turbo setup running all kinds of stuff. He looks at my truck which is a 97 GMC Sierrra sport with the 353 V8 in the 250+hp range with more than that in torque. He asks me if I want to run for fun, I kind of chuckle and say sure what the hell. The truck is a 4 speed auto btw. So we pull up and take off, I lose traction like a mother but I get it back, he takes off about 1 1/2 cars in front blaring. I keep my foot on the gas thrown back by the torque and go from 1-50mph the same speed as 50-100mph..I catch up to him at 60 and get at least 2 cars on him. I hit the speedlimiter at 100 and back off. We pull over again and he says he mishifted so we go again...I get traction in the beginning this time and took him at 60mph again. Again we pull over and he says something must be wrong with his ECU or something but it wasn't throwing codes...he says call me if I need to work on my honda and drives off. The truck is "sport" so it's a few hundred pounds lighter than most 1/2ton's and it has the vortec motor. I'd always lose with my car but this truck seems like it has potential, it has no mods right now...hmm
livinincalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
exman98
AF Enthusiast

Re: Interesting Kill...

it is not uncommon to have big trucks beat small cars. bid woop

I love out driving people.

"what's all those cylinders for anyway"
exman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Interesting Kill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by exman98
it is not uncommon to have big trucks beat small cars. bid woop
But it is uncommon for a stock pickup to beat a turboed b16 in a 2000lb car.

I seriously would not call that guy for any help with your car...sounds like he can't even get his own car running.

I know those trucks have got monster torque but he should have been pulling on you once he got to about 4000rpm. I drove a 2004 Dodge 1500 Hemi with huge HP and torque numbers, and my non-turbo b16 Rex was waaaaay faster (not off the line, but it would catch up to the Hemi before the top of second gear). My Rex ran high 13's on stock internals, so I would assume a turboed Rex (even with a small turbo) should run mid to high 13's easily.

Sometimes people really do miss a shift, but if run #2 brings another excuse like "something must be wrong with my ECU"... I don't know what to say about that guy, but I don't think I'd want him helping me with my car.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:00 PM   #4
livinincalifornia
AF Regular

yeah I figured the guy's car was wack because the way he hooked his stuff up, looked really weird under the hood. I raced my friend's 97 EX with the accessories (i/h/e) in the truck today and won...the truck isn't fast, but it can pull on quite a few stock cars..his EX takes my DX by..well a lot. Ha, well yeah I won't be calling him any time soon, this board provides plenty better support anyway
Old 05-20-2005, 08:11 PM   #5
Rampart Crawler
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinincalifornia
yeah I figured the guy's car was wack because the way he hooked his stuff up, looked really weird under the hood. I raced my friend's 97 EX with the accessories (i/h/e) in the truck today and won...the truck isn't fast, but it can pull on quite a few stock cars..his EX takes my DX by..well a lot. Ha, well yeah I won't be calling him any time soon, this board provides plenty better support anyway
My father has a '03 with a similar engine(maybe more hp and torque), but it couldn't catch a n/a b16 hatch, let alone a turbo hatch. Race mr. hatch in your DX while you have the chance, you might just beat him.:P

What year is your dx?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:45 AM   #6
livinincalifornia
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Interesting Kill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampart Crawler
My father has a '03 with a similar engine(maybe more hp and torque), but it couldn't catch a n/a b16 hatch, let alone a turbo hatch. Race mr. hatch in your DX while you have the chance, you might just beat him.:P

What year is your dx?
1990 CRX DX.

It has the non-vtec D15B JDM, still on dual point. Gets great gas mileage though, around 36mpg
Old 05-24-2005, 03:21 PM   #7
V T E C H
AF Enthusiast

yeah, beating a civic with a beefy truck is not hard. still good kill i guess

V T E C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:26 PM   #8
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by V T E C H
yeah, beating a civic with a beefy truck is not hard. still good kill i guess
word my buddies nicked named my jeep the 4 liter Honda Eater.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!