Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 03:14 PM   #31
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jcrx
Re: Re: Re: B16 Hatch vs 2001 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordSupremacy
Bullshit, 1/4 mile - stock 91 5.0 vs. a stock 94 lude? Thats not a race, thats pure American muscle destroying a loud 2 liter Mountain Dew bottle with rims made for getting light groceries. Unless the driver of the Stang was a 90yr old grandma from Somolia with one leg, i might believe that happened.

Whats the et. in the 1/4 for a 94 lude, mid 16's?
Haha yea, prelude at 2800lb 190hp and 158lbs-ft vs 5.0 at 3000lbs with 225hp and almost double the torque at 300lbs-ft, I want to see a video of this
Old 07-01-2005, 05:07 PM   #32
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Re: B16 Hatch vs 2001 Mustang GT

I used to drive a old 5.0 Mustang (225hp) a long time ago - my current 96 VTEC Lude feels like it's faster from a roll...the Prelude just kicks you in the ass a lot harder than the Mustang did when you floor it.
I've never raced my Prelude against an older (225hp) 5 litre Mustang head to head, I'm just going by my memory of what the Mustang felt like compared to my Prelude. I know a that newer 5 liter (or 4.6 litre, whatever you want to call it) is a lot faster, but the older 225hp Mustangs were slugs.

BTW Vtec Preludes are high 14-low 15 sec in the 1/4 mile.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:21 PM   #33
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jcrx

On paper it's close, but the Mustangs power advantage would give even a bad driver an edge and the Prelude would have to be a dead on perfect run to beat it.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #34
exman98
AF Enthusiast

[quote=TheFordSupremacy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by exman98
well my friend's 94 lude (stock H22A) will beat any stock GT or 5.0 . ( i didn't believe it until we laid some heavy ass kicking on three diff. GT's and two of the 80's mobles 05's: they were all well maintaned but still stock) anyway... he lost a race to an old hatch with a B16 (bad start)
if he got a good start he might have beat win but lost non the less.]

Bullshit, 1/4 mile - stock 91 5.0 vs. a stock 94 lude? Thats not a race, thats pure American muscle destroying a loud 2 liter Mountain Dew bottle with rims made for getting light groceries. Unless the driver of the Stang was a 90yr old grandma from Somolia with one leg, i might believe that happened.

Whats the et. in the 1/4 for a 94 lude, mid 16's?

The race at hand might be close i'll admit, but adding these far fetched lies to the conversation is crap. In a Honda forum you may not recieve any opposition but any one that knows how to wipe their own ass realizes your post is wasted space, next time save your fingers the effort, don't log on or type the truth.
well im telling you to go fuck yourself beacuse we beat them all the time. but i know if it is moded(rustang), the lude will get beat.
call BS all you want but i know the facts, not just the #'s.

I love out driving people.

"what's all those cylinders for anyway"
exman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #35
zerocrxsi
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: B16 Hatch vs 2001 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by crv-tec
Wow. The car I own was run at the track before I bought it. Its an EF crx with a jdm b16 SiR II swap with the YS1 non LSD tranny. Full interior and it only an act stage 2 clucth and lightened flywheel, I/H/E and it ran a 14.6 @ 96 on street tires... thats in Arizona, and I think we actually run slower up here... of course its was an HF so it weighed in at 2000 pounds stock (Never been weighed since the swap but it can't be that much more)... but still...
wat part of zona i live in phoenix just bought a 89 si crx w/b18a havent run it yet still fixing sum problems wat u guys think i should be running? its completely stock full interior
zerocrxsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #36
Rampart Crawler
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: B16 Hatch vs 2001 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan Ryu
I used to drive a old 5.0 Mustang (225hp) a long time ago - my current 96 VTEC Lude feels like it's faster from a roll...the Prelude just kicks you in the ass a lot harder than the Mustang did when you floor it.
I've never raced my Prelude against an older (225hp) 5 litre Mustang head to head, I'm just going by my memory of what the Mustang felt like compared to my Prelude. I know a that newer 5 liter (or 4.6 litre, whatever you want to call it) is a lot faster, but the older 225hp Mustangs were slugs.

BTW Vtec Preludes are high 14-low 15 sec in the 1/4 mile.
Well, even if a Prelude was faster, the 5.0 would still kick you in the ass harder if you floor it.
Then again, my friend's SRi intake+otherwise stock EX feels almost as fast as a 5.0. Why? Because when you lower your car and make it louder, it gives you the illusion of speed. It felt fast as he lost to the 5.0 by busslengths. Aslo felt fast when he lost to a non supercharged 3800 series gran prix. Also felt fast when we tried to pass my fathers stock V8 chevy pickup to tease him and we were again left in the dust.
All of the cars my buddie lost in felt slower than his(well, the throttle response of the 5.0 really didn't make if feel slower). I know you will counter with a "pfft, d series? My prelude is MUCH faster. Runs nines", or bs like that, but I was just making a point that every high revving honda I have been in feels faster than they actually are.
The one time I got to be a passenger in an S2000, it felt almost like a slower version of a rocket, the way it was building up speed and was impressive. Nice engine/exhaust note to it, too. Of course, we were viewing the taillights sof a 350Z while it was happening, but it sure felt faster.-_-
Old 07-04-2005, 04:38 PM   #37
exman98
AF Enthusiast

blaa blaa blaa blaa...

i know a hatch w/ B16 will beat a GT any day if it came down to pure car, not the better driver.

I love out driving people.

"what's all those cylinders for anyway"
exman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:09 AM   #38
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampart Crawler
Well, even if a Prelude was faster, the 5.0 would still kick you in the ass harder if you floor it.
Then again, my friend's SRi intake+otherwise stock EX feels almost as fast as a 5.0. Why? Because when you lower your car and make it louder, it gives you the illusion of speed. It felt fast as he lost to the 5.0 by busslengths. Aslo felt fast when he lost to a non supercharged 3800 series gran prix. Also felt fast when we tried to pass my fathers stock V8 chevy pickup to tease him and we were again left in the dust.
All of the cars my buddie lost in felt slower than his(well, the throttle response of the 5.0 really didn't make if feel slower). I know you will counter with a "pfft, d series? My prelude is MUCH faster. Runs nines", or bs like that, but I was just making a point that every high revving honda I have been in feels faster than they actually are.
The one time I got to be a passenger in an S2000, it felt almost like a slower version of a rocket, the way it was building up speed and was impressive. Nice engine/exhaust note to it, too. Of course, we were viewing the taillights sof a 350Z while it was happening, but it sure felt faster.-_-
No, I'm not going to counter with some 9 second BS. I'm just speaking from actual experience, not "my buddies car feels like..." or "my friend's cousin said his car used to blah blah blah..." Actual experience is different from sitting in the passenger seat, or from having driven a friends car once or twice (you have to be familiar with a car to drive it to its potential). I've got enough automotive experience to know the difference between the illusion of speed and actual speed. Trust me - you'd know the difference if you actually drove either of the two cars I'm talking about, but talking about your friends car and how it feels from the passenger seat (or even if you've driven it once or twice) isn't any better than bench racing.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:30 PM   #39
Hybrid1990crx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hybrid1990crx
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: B16 Hatch vs 2001 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedPill
I had a 8lb. AEM flywheel, ACT stage 3 clutch, 3" CAI, 2 1/2" 4 to 1 header w/ 3" collecter, 2 3/4 cat back, no cat. High compression head gasket(11.2:1), Skunk2 Intake Manifold, port matched, Civic type R Cams, Crower springs/retainers. Hondata stage 2 computer, FPR, Injecters. Dyno'd at 178 WHP, Weight with driver @ 2259lbs. Best ETA @ 82 degrees farenheight (100% humidity=Florida) 14.2. That's with the LSD tranny and close ratio final. Not really fast considering the amount invested, Lost money, sold project, moved on...
Wow you truly can not drive. I've seen b16 swaped ef's with intake and exhaust with lsd hitting just about the same times you were.
Saturn Stealership Technician #331
Hybrid1990crx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #40
crv-tec
AF Enthusiast

Agreed, as even my cars highest elevation time was not far behind that, and thats all it is. Is a jdm swap with intake header exhaust and an act stage 2 clutch and 8lb'd flywheel. And that was on those tiny little 14inch HX rims...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!