Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discussion about performance modifications and issues. Includes forced induction topics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 08:16 AM   #31
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: The 350z's VQ35DE Motor. ( High HP )

Yeah, they have twin turbo 3L VQs.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:51 AM   #32
Mr.350Z
AF Regular

Quick question, im looking to spend about 7k on a twin turbo anyone got any inside info on what works best on a Z currently? (this is for stop and go drving, just want a little more acceleration...one more thing ive got an AT.)
Mr.350Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:22 PM   #33
georgez
AF Newbie

VQ35DE Information

Were could one start looking for information about this particular engine. Interest is in details, specifications. I have a plan to "balance and blueprint" but need a "map" to start with. Thanks.GZ
georgez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:37 PM   #34
<SSR>David
Banned

Zgringo thnx for the awsome post about the engines. Cleared many things up for me.

Mr. 350Z in responds to your twin turbo question...I have heard that Greddy turbo is pretty good for just regular street driving ( Stop an Go ). If you haven't already check it out. O and I heard this one other austrilian company is making a twin turbo kit also making a little bit more power then the Greddy. I heard it can handle more pressure then the Greddy turbos also. I believe the company is called ProjectS or something like that. Let me find out the information more clearly and I will post it up.
<SSR>David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:40 PM   #35
kaisar
AF Newbie

I have a new block for sell.
kaisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:22 AM   #36
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissan350ztt Send a message via Yahoo to nissan350ztt
Re: Re: The 350z's VQ35DE Motor. ( High HP )

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter7467
how far do you think you could take an NA Z? hp wise
500rwhp, maxed out, probably not street legal. Probably 350-450rwhp for street legal though.

I strongly recommend SGP Racing and Forged Internals for purchasing parts, tuning, installing, and more!
nissan350ztt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:26 AM   #37
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQuick
On another forum last week I saw someone post about a 1000rwhp 350Z drag car. I figured it had an RB26 or maybe a sleeved/stroked VQ35, but it turns out that it was a stock block VQ35! The pistons and rods were replaced, and that was it.

I had kinda forgotten that VQs have iron cylinder liners. Maybe that explains how a guy with a VQ30 Maxima got 538fwhp on stock internals. If you want lots of FI power from your Z, just get stronger rods and low comp pistons and you should be good to go.
Certainly wasn't a 350Z forum. The only 350Z that is making that kind of power is the Performance Motorsports 350Z, and it has ~1400hp, and the only thing that isn't upgraded on it, is the crankshaft and intake plenum (although it was only using Darton sleeve liners).

I strongly recommend SGP Racing and Forged Internals for purchasing parts, tuning, installing, and more!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:31 AM   #38
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_breath
i know this is a bit old but you may want to see what jgtc guys are running they have turbo vq's.
The JGTC 300 series 350Z's are N/A VQ35DE's.
The JGTC 500 series 350Z's are VQ30DETT's.

Neither really pertain to this conversation.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:32 AM   #39
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.350Z
Quick question, im looking to spend about 7k on a twin turbo anyone got any inside info on what works best on a Z currently? (this is for stop and go drving, just want a little more acceleration...one more thing ive got an AT.)
Total? Or just for the kit? I would suggest GReddy with all of the goodies (fuel system, c&c angle sensor wire, etc., etc.) or APS.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:01 PM   #40
chuckythelucky1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone410
OK, to start the thread everyone should know that the 350Z has a VQ35DE motor. ( Unless my eyes decieve me and i cant read my own handwriting. )

What is offered for those of us who have a need for the stupid amounts of power it would take to start blowing block doors off cars such as the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 ( my last car ) or the corvet Z-06..?

Superchargers, Turbos, Twin Turbos ( such as the peope at Car V2 have put together http://carv2.com/site/project_detail.cfm?id=247 ), Block build ups...

I am personally looking for a VQ35DE block to build into a high HP engine to drop into my Z. When i say High HP, I'm talking about dropping the compression ratio, stroking the engine to 90mm as opposed to the stock 81mm, possibly sleveing the cylinder walls, porting and polishing everything, forged rods, forged crank, gutting the cats, opening up the exhaust, larger injectors with a stand alone fuel management sytem, twin turbos running aprox. 25 lbs of boost...

producing about 700-750 screaming little ponies...

So QUESTION: Where i can find a VQ35DE motor, how much one costs, if there is a better alternative to the VQ35DE block, what are your thoughts on such a project, what would you put on yours? Post it here or forever hold your peace.

-Rone Phillips
-71 Chevelle SS 454 ( RIP )
-91 3000GT VR-4 ( RIP )
-04 350Z Roadster ( VROOM!!! )

"Don't drink and park, accidents cause people."
read more you can get 700 hundred whp out that motor without going that far.
chuckythelucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #41
chuckythelucky1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by <SSR>David
Zgringo thnx for the awsome post about the engines. Cleared many things up for me.

Mr. 350Z in responds to your twin turbo question...I have heard that Greddy turbo is pretty good for just regular street driving ( Stop an Go ). If you haven't already check it out. O and I heard this one other austrilian company is making a twin turbo kit also making a little bit more power then the Greddy. I heard it can handle more pressure then the Greddy turbos also. I believe the company is called ProjectS or something like that. Let me find out the information more clearly and I will post it up.
one company in australia is called aps. that air power systems and it makes one of the best twin turbos kits 4 the vq35
Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #42
chuckythelucky1
AF Newbie

I just joined this sight and I see a lot of u guys are not doing your research. Last year I totalled a 480 wheel hp g35. I DID NOT SPEND OVER 10.000. NOW I AM TRYING SOMTHING DIFFERENT.SUPERCHARGED G35. bIG MISTAKE,BUT I AM GOING TO MAKE IT WORK.17PSI IS MY GOAL AND I KNOW HOW TO GET THERE

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe > Performance