Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 05:01 PM   #1
brucewayne
AF Newbie

Talking Thinking about buying a 2g i have a question

Im thinking about buying an eclipse proabbly a 95 or 96 gsx or gs-t, around 80,000 miles. im jsut wondering what kind of common problems people may have had so i know what to expect and how much money i might need.

if you can help me then thanks
brucewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:16 PM   #2
SpyderEclipseGst
AF Enthusiast

Re: Thinking about buying a 2g i have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewayne
Im thinking about buying an eclipse proabbly a 95 or 96 gsx or gs-t, around 80,000 miles. im jsut wondering what kind of common problems people may have had so i know what to expect and how much money i might need.

if you can help me then thanks
OK your buying a 2nd gen eclipse. Well ive have my car sence 48,000 miles now hitting 113,000 miles. 97 eclipse spyder gst. I still have the same turbo spools great and same internalls. Ive got just about every bolt on with the basic mods 3 inch downpipe, 2 1/2 cat back, boost controller etc. I run my car very hard each and every day. And only had to do my timing belts $400 and water pump $4-500. My car is in good running condition. I could only give you advise on things that I did wrong and wouldent advise anyone elce to go this route. Dont lower your car lower that 1 1/2 inches. Main reason why my water pump went and why I had to replace many axles and oil pan. All in all, most my work was performance, body related, not problem related.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:50 PM   #3
Talon007
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Talon007
Check the crank endplay before you buy it, the proper value should be here: www.vfaq.com Im a 1G guy so I'm not sure what its supposed to be.
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - Parts Car
1990 Eagle Talon ESi - Sold

1-800-VFAQ - Bookmark it, read it, use it
Old 10-22-2003, 03:51 AM   #4
kjewer1
AF - Advisor

I beleive the service limit is .009 inches, and it should be the same for 1G. Very close if not the same. To find out how to measure it, see this link http://www.racingknowledge.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=185 I give a detailed explantion of both common methods on page 2.
kjewer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic