Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
R_Cad
AF Newbie

Question 2000 Trooper 4x4 Front End Clicking

2000 Isuzu Trooper makes a "clicking" and kind of makes the steering wheel go back and forth a little when the wheels are turned sharp and you start to drive from a stop. It does not make any noise when driving and turning. It only happens when the wheels are cut very sharp (it will make the noise if you are driving and slow down enough to allow you to cut the wheels sharp; like pulling into a parking spot) but the noise will make itself heard when you slow way down and cut the wheels very sharp. I have had the car for years and it has always made this noise at the same times (sharply cut wheels). I never makes any noise when you are just turning into another street or that amount of cut to the steering.

I just always thought it was something to do with 4x4 drive as I have had Jeeps that had the same symptoms. Any advice would be appreciated or if you know what the noise and feel of the steering wheel might be related to when the wheels are turned sharp. Thanks ahead of time
R_Cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
swingline
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Trooper 4x4 Front End Clicking

sounds like cv joints to me, classic symptom.

get axle shafts for both sides, pretty affordable these days, there will be a core charge for your old ones.
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
R_Cad
AF Newbie

Smile Re: 2000 Trooper 4x4 Front End Clicking

Thanks Swingline, I pretty much figured the same thing but it has been making the noise for years and no problems unless you have the wheels cut very sharp and then start moving. The wheels have to be cut so sharp that you could not drive over a few mph or you would roll the Trooper over. I have had the same symptoms on other 4x4 vehicles over the years.
R_Cad is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard