Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
sonnyyy
AF Newbie

Unfixable infiniti m35

This has been a nightmare,, i have a 2006 infiniti m35,,, I took it in to the dealer with these symptems ,, the car starts pefect, idles perfect but as soon as it warms up you touch the gas pedal it dies.If you coax it you can get it to accelerate but it dies especialy if you press the pedal quickly. The dealer replaced battery , cleaned all grounds and after $850 he (thought it might be the gas pedal sensor, but just a guess, i brought the car home, the codes on the OBii say gas pedal sensor throttle sensor. I replaced both still the same , .. once it warms this is the problem ,, cold nothing, runs perfect , i tried exchanging airflow sensor, same, if i disconnect the airflow sensor i can drive in limp mode maximum 2500 rpm. I took it a high performance shop they checked it, didnt charge me and said they didnt know what was wrong, took it to another garage who charged me3 hours , and they guessed that its the gas pedal sensor, but i replaced that after and still same,
I'm ready to dump the vehicle at Infiniti headquarters and tell them they can keep it.
sonnyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
StealthSonic
AF Regular

Re: Unfixable infiniti m35

Does your 06 model uses Drive by Wire system? You can check the throttle to see if there is a cable goes into the cockpit, if not then you have DBW system.

DBW uses two voltage sensors by the gas pedal that communicate with ECM and the ECM controls the throttle blade with steps-motor for fuel economy. Normally if one sensor fails the 2nd one takes place as a fail-safe mode, it's rare to have both goes out at the same time, but it's very common on Mercedes cars.

Now I don't know the voltage spec for the pedal sensors, however; you can create another ground by poking a needle behind the harness where the weather seal is on the Negative side and clamp a lead on the needle and clamp the other end to a good clean ground near by and see if that works. If it does then your sensors are good and there maybe the problem on the ground side between the sensor and ECM. Otherwise before replacing the sensor, you should find out the voltage spec and check the + terminal and sweep the pedal (press the pedal down slowly) to see if there is voltage hick-ups somewhere when you depress the pedal. If the voltage readings are good to spec, I would suspect the throttle blade's step motor on your intake manifold. I hope this make sense.

I'm just a student learning mechanic at the moment and I can't believe the dealer tech couldn't solve your issues. You should complain to the manager or Head office, don't let them keep charging you. I'll check at school to see if there is any recalls for your model regarding the DBW system.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
sonnyyy
AF Newbie

Re: Unfixable infiniti m35

Thank you for your reply,,what made it such a difficult repair, although the first dealership replaced the battery and was on its way to replacing parts playing the process of ilimination, the next dealership had a technition who was a pro and he found that under that same battery the other delearship replaced, a mouse or chipmonk had crawled in and made a nest and was eating the wires. He replaced the 4 wires the mouse had eaten and the car runs great.
sonnyyy is offline   Reply With Quote