Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
ihaveanaccount
AF Newbie

front seats

hello,

I saw a tc at a dealer car show, and i really like the layout. A surprisingly big door and auto-sliding front seats.

I have a question about these front seats. There was a lever (or just with pushing?) that slides the seat all the way forward so getting in the back is easier. Do all years tc have these seats? Also, in pushing the seats back, do they go to the previous seat position/setting or does it need to be readjusted manually?

Thanks.
Jim
ihaveanaccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings
Re: front seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveanaccount
hello,

I saw a tc at a dealer car show, and i really like the layout. A surprisingly big door and auto-sliding front seats.

I have a question about these front seats. There was a lever (or just with pushing?) that slides the seat all the way forward so getting in the back is easier. Do all years tc have these seats? Also, in pushing the seats back, do they go to the previous seat position/setting or does it need to be readjusted manually?

Thanks.
Jim
The drivers seat has the lever at the top, which is really used as the memory seat. However, the seat is equipted with the lever under the seat to move the seat back and forward, as well as a lever on the bottom side which controls how much the seat is folded. However, the control lever at the top of the seat can control both, and remembers how you set it. The passenger seat does not have the memory seat lever.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
ihaveanaccount
AF Newbie

Re: Re: front seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
The drivers seat has the lever at the top, which is really used as the memory seat. However, the seat is equipted with the lever under the seat to move the seat back and forward, as well as a lever on the bottom side which controls how much the seat is folded. However, the control lever at the top of the seat can control both, and remembers how you set it. The passenger seat does not have the memory seat lever.

Awesome. Is it too ghetto to steal these seats and put them in my.... non TC? I cannot afford the whole car, but the manual memory seat is the best invention ever.

Thanks
Jim
ihaveanaccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings
Re: Re: Re: front seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveanaccount
Awesome. Is it too ghetto to steal these seats and put them in my.... non TC? I cannot afford the whole car, but the manual memory seat is the best invention ever.

Thanks
Jim
sure you could... i mean... they are just normal comfortable average cloth seats...

just make sure the rear seats match haha
Old 01-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #5
jwaj2002
AF Regular

hah comfortable seats my foot, all the scion seats are uncomfortable, no lumbar
jwaj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
jpolicke
AF Newbie

Uncomfortable seats compared to what? I find mine extremely supportive. A lumbar adjust would be nice to accomodate different size people but I'll put them up as is against anything else out there.

What's truly dumb is that they put the memory seat on the driver's side. When you let people in & out of the car, they usually use the passenger side, don't they? If they couldn't put it in both to save money they should have put it on the other seat.
jpolicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #7
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

there view on that is the drivers comfort. if you own a manual and your kinda short like me it's a pain in the ass getting your seat in that same spot if you move it. i rather have the memory seat on the driver side. i'm anal about my seat position.
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
daveshapellSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #8
jwaj2002
AF Regular

me too, how hard do you think it would be to add lumbar to the seats when I get mine recovered?
jwaj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:45 PM   #9
doock87
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to doock87

you can buy an electronic lumbar support bladder off of a website. http://home.cfl.rr.com/icdedppl/faq.html#c7
look under the store links section, there's a surprising amount of stores that carry stuff for the tc, or just plain old cool accessories.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC