Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: '04 maxima
like the looks 6 54.55%
don't like the looks 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 11:38 PM   #16
xmy556a
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '04 maximas

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmaninc
Man you must have not driven other cars saying that it handles well. Most reviews I read said the 5th gen had better handling and turning radius.
My 04 manual SE is my second (had a 2000 manual SE) Maxima.

Briefly:
Looks : love it ; 10X better than the 2000
Handling: 75% of the 2000, skips in high speed tight turns where the 2000 didn't.
Delivery : sucks compared to the 2000 which had zero quality issues. The dealer told me they're assembled in the USA now, which would explain the problems I've had (rattles etc).
Comfort: a little tight to get into driver's seat (5'10", 200 lbs)
Interior : scren and joystick? Give me a break! It woulda cost a few $100 more to put in a colour screen (you can't buy or find monochrome screens anymore, but Nissan had the wonderful idea of having them mass produced apparently...sheesh)

Thank you kindly.
xmy556a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:00 PM   #17
SkyTorch
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: '04 maximas

[quote=xmy556a]
Comfort: a little tight to get into driver's seat (5'10", 200 lbs)
QUOTE]
If it's tight for you, I'm not sure how I got in the car at all (6'3" 320) - but I did. Apparently car maker seemed to all be thinking that everyone is 150lbs. Even the full size Amerimobiles have been shrinking - taurus, Impala, intrepid. Why is leg room a bad thing? Not every car needs to be a small, fast, sports car. Next we'll have to wear velcro suits to stick to top of car and reach in like those biohazard chambers. Sorry ya'll, just feel a little alienated.
SkyTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #18
EPVQ30
AF Regular

Re: '04 maximas

that's why they make those big ass cruisers for big guys.. i know a couple of big guys that have the marauder, the crown vic, and the older impala SS.
nice cars and the cops don't mess with you since they have that blue collar american pride screaming all over them... GOD BLESS AMERICA.

EPVQ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:37 PM   #19
deadmaninc
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmy556a
Interior : scren and joystick? Give me a break! It woulda cost a few $100 more to put in a colour screen (you can't buy or find monochrome screens anymore, but Nissan had the wonderful idea of having them mass produced apparently...sheesh)

Thank you kindly.
What screen are you talking about the navi? If it is the navi screen, the navi screen is suppose to be in color.
deadmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 03:32 PM   #20
SkyTorch
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: '04 maximas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPVQ30
that's why they make those big ass cruisers for big guys.. i know a couple of big guys that have the marauder, the crown vic, and the older impala SS.
nice cars and the cops don't mess with you since they have that blue collar american pride screaming all over them... GOD BLESS AMERICA.
I actually really like the mid 90's full sized Impala. It has "old shcool
gangsta" written all over it. Someone tried to sell me one and I was ready to get it until I found that the 5.7L V8 has only 260hp. Chevy needs to be ashamed.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:36 AM   #21
deadmaninc
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyTorch
I actually really like the mid 90's full sized Impala. It has "old shcool
gangsta" written all over it. Someone tried to sell me one and I was ready to get it until I found that the 5.7L V8 has only 260hp. Chevy needs to be ashamed.
So it had only 260 hp its still a powerful 5.7 V8. All you need to do is add headers off the corvette and got yout self a beast!
deadmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 09:26 AM   #22
SkyTorch
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: '04 maximas

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmaninc
So it had only 260 hp its still a powerful 5.7 V8. All you need to do is add headers off the corvette and got yout self a beast!
Chevy has made more powerful small block V8's, but otherwise the SS has got some decent numbers. 330lb of torque is nothing to sneeze at. Gas mileage is 17/25, not bad for a bigger car. What kills me is why do I have buy a mammoth car when all I need to 2" behind the wheel. Don't need more engine compartment, don't need a trunk I could put a Honda in (actually 2 Honda is you arrange them correctly). I just want my knees off the dash.

On the flip side, I saw an SS on the road this week. I sighed. It's like running into the girl you had a crush on in High School. "Hey baby, how you doin? You still look good. I hope your man is treatin you right"