Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Automotive Industry > Top Stories
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Nissan Truck Sales Stumble

SUMMARY: Initial sales of some of the industry’s most-watched new products are off to an embarrassingly slow start. All three vehicles were meant to lift Nissan North America sales to record heights and fuel the continued “Nissan Revival” after its near-brush with bankruptcy.

View full article

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:36 PM   #2
Eamin
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan Truck Sales Stumble

Truly disappointing news with regard to the Titan. We see the sheer stupidity of the American consumer, such that he is willing to plunk for substandard domestics over a superbly styled and designed (though not, it appears, as well built as could be expected) import.
Eamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
mcervantes
Writer mod

Smile

I don't know if I'd call the F-150 and Ram substandard, but the Titan certainly seems to be a very strong first effort by Nissan, at least for the 1500 class.

Luckily for them, Titan sales were over 8000 units last month, and they've increased substantially every month since its launch. The quality issues both me a lot, though Nissan's team of around 200 engineers have been working to fix the problems coming out of Canton and (to a lesser extent) Smyrna.

Looking to the future, I remember talk of a diesel engine and heavy-duty models of the Titan just before it went on sale. I wonder how the soft initial sales impacted Nissan's thought process on those future possibilities....

Mike Cervantes
AutomotiveArticles.com Editor-in-Chief
mcervantes is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Automotive Industry > Top Stories