Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #1
mike5721947
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to mike5721947 Send a message via MSN to mike5721947
looking at a pickup, (stick? 4wd or 2wd? lifting?)

well im looking at buying a truck with my mother (we are both selling our cars and buying a truck. as we dont have room for all the cars. plus ive been wanting a pickup)

im looking at the mazda b2200-b2600, chevy s10, gmc sonoma, ford ranger, nissan hardbody. and probly a standard transmission as i hate driving automatics (there too boring)

i need to be able to get though some snow and ice and be able to take some offroad gravel roads. all of these vehicles are pre 1993 as i hate all the electronics and sensors (im a lucky one and dont have to pass any smog regulations ) i would like to be able to lift the truck at a later date for not much money (but it be a proper lift not just blocks and spacers) im also looking at trying to get a truck with cheap insurence as im only 16 (and have no discount yet) i also am wanting something with good gas mileage and isnt too expensive to keep running.

im also wondering with me only needing a 4wd truck for a short time (when it snows) should i jsut look at a 2wd or just look at the 4wd and deal with the extra matenence on the front axle and transfercase?
Now own a 1990 suzuki sidekick 3" lift, 235 A/T's winch bumper, and way to many km's.
also a beater hyundai pony from way back in 1985
mike5721947 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A