Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > TT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Is the TT a girly car?
Yes, it is girly car 13 19.12%
No, its not a girly car 55 80.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 05:45 PM   #16
ell_d
Banned

Thats true. Ok its not a hard core drivers car like the S2000 or the Elise, but theres no other roadster that can offer Quattro, top built quality, and the rag top. The 150 front wheel drive is a waste of time.

I run luxury car dealerships, and the TT is one of the best sellers. I dont realy think its a girlie car either, i'd certainly drive one.

PS: I have just bought an SL65 AMG, in black, and someone told me that they thought it was a gay guys car! What you think?
ell_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:52 PM   #17
TheScientist
Banned

ugh, stereotyping.
TheScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:51 PM   #18
ttspeed
AF Newbie

Re: Is the TT a girls car?

I think that with a bigger spoiler some vinyl and other tuner mods, the tt can be pretty bad ass and definatley not a girls car. as to the question of the sl65 amg, the only people who buy them are girls, old guys, and fags. It is an awesome car, but when all the other people who own them are girls, old or gay gay people sort of make incorrect assumptions.
ttspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:21 AM   #19
MITSU-EVO
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MITSU-EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ell_d
PS: I have just bought an SL65 AMG, in black, and someone told me that they thought it was a gay guys car! What you think?
WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

I DIG EXOTICS!!!
MITSU-EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:10 AM   #20
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
i wouldn't call it a boy, or a girl car..
i would agree however that there are certain people who make it seem like more of a girl, or boy car..
Old 05-09-2004, 06:36 AM   #21
ell_d
Banned

I went to a party on the second night i owned the car, and two lads said that they thought that it was a gay car! I have however since found out that they both drive Ferrari's, which speaks volumes! (who's compensating then!?!)

As far as "bad Ass" TT's go, shut up! Manufacturers spent billions researching and designing these car, for idiots like you to ruin with a tool kit that Aunti Maud gave you for christmas, and a handful of Halfords gift vouchers! Why not throw in a few neon lights and be uber-tacky! What exactly do you drive, and how many cheep add on's is it sporting at the moment!

(PS: If you want a TT with a bit of aggression, why not just go for the S-line?)
Old 05-20-2004, 12:27 PM   #22
ttspeed
AF Newbie

hey idiot, not all of us have the $35,000 some dollars for an s-line, and actually audi did a horrible job on the tt performance wise, that fact that in 0-60 shitty little rsx-s can beat it by 1 second. dont get al mad at those of us who mod our cars just cause your stuck with your fag car.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #23
ttspeed
AF Newbie

yeah this car looks really ugly-
Old 05-23-2004, 05:08 AM   #24
ell_d
Banned

Oh right. And the TT is the pinical in masculinity then is it...

£35000 is a lot, but people will spent £10000 on shinney plastic bits for a Vaxhall Corsa. A basic TT will be getting on for £27000, so these Airfix srtyle "Mods" that you glue onto your car must look very cheep if your not prepared to spent the cash on them. And I may drive a fag car, but at least its not a falec extension. And it'll do 0-60, handle, and break a damn site better than your car.

So untill you can afford to buy a car that is any kind of copmetition for mine, don't refer to it as a fag car. (hears a tip, Instead of spending your money on crappy plastic, buy a better car in the first place!)
Old 06-15-2004, 06:53 PM   #25
topoffTT
AF Newbie

Y botha moding a TT. theyre pretty enough as they R andhow often do you use the full potential of your car, so what if sum cars are faster, they dont look as good.
topoffTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 01:52 PM   #26
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
i must say yes and no. the convertable is pretty femanine. but the coupe is more masculine. if i can choose between the convertable or coupe version of a car, i would ALWAYS pick the coupe. coupes are lighter, stay warmer in the winter, more secure, and sometimes faster than the convertable counterparts (like the Porsche 911 turbo and 911 Turbo cabrio. the cabrio has 3-5 mph less top speed than the coupe Turbo). thats why i'm waiting for the Porsche Boxster coupe to come out. i like the Boxter already, but the coupe will be better.

porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #27
The Russian Kid
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to The Russian Kid
Audi has the 4th generation quattro AWD.. Yeah, the AWD that Audi started in 1983 onto which all the Japs jumped onto (ex: Subaru, Mitsu) The 4 valves per cylinder "pocket rocket" engines was Audi's design too, in the old Volkswagens - the original Ricers.

The AWD weighs a lot, it slows it down in acceleration. When u get a track with lots of twists and turns, the lap times with will be MUCH better then other 1.8-2.0 litr cars. comes in handy during winter storms, or just wet road.

This, plus the relatively new engine in this car (the 5 valves per cylinder design, that only other manufacturer i know to have the design is Ferrari) provide it plenty of torque even in low ranges.

You wont be racing 90%, so the leather + comfort comes makes it really frendly.

Not surprisingly Audi's slogan is "vorsprung durch technik". Literally 'Advantage through technology'.

BTW bring back the Opels !
Old 09-07-2004, 03:20 PM   #28
finally_retired
AF Enthusiast

The TT is a capable little car. The Coupe was a revelation when it was launched, and Ok, the cabrio is a bit more femaninne, but isn't it fashonable to be "metrosexual" these days. Its no Boxter or S2000, but I like it for theadvances in tech that it represents. Audi have always been at the forefront of engineering, and because of that, I would buy one.

PS, I totally agree with TopoffTT's coments on suped up cars. Some minor modifications I can understand, but nitrus, neon lights, and 22 inch spinning wheels... yeah LOOSERS!
finally_retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:46 PM   #29
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

tt means tit, so tits are from girls so its a girls car. LoL but its a great car, love the 4wd!
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 05:22 PM   #30
finally_retired
AF Enthusiast

Are you following me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahjoob
Can anybody advise me on how to watch TV while driving in a BMW 750il 1999?
finally_retired is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > TT