Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
Lanos Driver
AF Newbie

No low beam on driver side

I have a 2006 Focus ZX4 with 158k miles. A couple of days ago, I turned on the headlights after starting the engine and had no low beam on the driver's side. Both high beams work. Thinking the filament had gone, I replaced both bulbs with new ones. After several frustrating minutes, I realized the headlights only come on with the ignition switch in the 'run' position. I still have no low beam on the driver's side. I checked the fuse, which appeared to be good, and replaced it anyway. One suggestion on the internet said to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes to reset the GEM. Did that, still the same.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Lanos Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #2
Lanos Driver
AF Newbie

Re: No low beam on driver side

125 views in 20 days, 0 replies. Seems NOBODY has ever had this problem. Interesting.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Seeing this for the 1st time. Does the car have any collision damage to the front? Have you checked for power at the headlamp harness socket? When you replaced the headlamp did you by any chance handle the glass envelope of the bulb with your bare hands? The natural oils on you skin could cause it to shatter in an instant of turning it on. HTH
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
Lanos Driver
AF Newbie

DeltaP, thank you for your response. No damage to the car, the left low beam just quit working. I was very careful to avoid touching the glass on the bulbs, even wore latex gloves. I have not been able to check power to the plug yet,but will try to do that today. Also will check fuse inside car, fuse under hood 8 good.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #5
Lanos Driver
AF Newbie

I owe an apology to everyone here. All of my checking with a multimeter showed nothing wrong. About three weeks ago, I finally decided to look at the bulb. Turns out I ha put the burned out bulb back in. Replaced it with a good bulb and wiping egg from my face.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max