Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #1
Lms2015
AF Newbie

06 starts and stalls in the cold

My 06 trailblazer started having issues when the weather was below 30 degrees at night. The following morning when I start it, it starts up and idles for about 5 to 10 seconds and then shuts off. Turn the key again and nothing, just dashboard lights come on. Wait a few minutes and try again.. Fires up, shuts off. If it's above 30 degrees but less then 45 to 50 outside I can use a lighter and hear up the key, put it back in the ignition and fire it up. Sometimes it takes 3 or 3 tries of reheating the key but then it will stay running. As long as I run the heat and keep the inside warm it stays running, if the inside gets cold it will shut off again while your driving. If it's below 30 degrees outside the key trick won't work no matter how many times you try. If the temperature outside is above 50 it will fire up and drive all day without any hesitation. My husband replaced the ignition switch, alternator and battery and none helped. It's now been at the shop for 2 weeks and still can't get it figured out. The shop has tried heating up just the computer while it's out in the cold and it fires up and stays running but if he leaves the doors open and the inside gets cold it shuts off again. Please help!
Lms2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 06 starts and stalls in the cold

Was the ign switch itself replaced or the key cylinder? The ign switches were bad on these trucks, and when replacing them they must be installed /engaged correctly to the the tumbler link.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:51 AM   #3
Lms2015
AF Newbie

The ignition switch and the key cylinder were both replaced. It's been in the shop for 2 and a half weeks. They tested this and that and overall decided it needed a new computer. New computer installed, picked it up yesterday ( was about 50 degrees) everything was fine. This morning it was 40 degrees out. Fired up... Shut off. Apparently that didn't fix it
Lms2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #4
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lms2015 View Post
The ignition switch and the key cylinder were both replaced. It's been in the shop for 2 and a half weeks. They tested this and that and overall decided it needed a new computer. New computer installed, picked it up yesterday ( was about 50 degrees) everything was fine. This morning it was 40 degrees out. Fired up... Shut off. Apparently that didn't fix it
Hello Lms2015,

I can imagine your frustration and are very sorry to hear your stall concern has resurfaced. If you’d like, we’d be more than happy to contact the involved dealership to bring this to their attention. Please send us a direct message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and the name of your dealership should this interest you.

Jasmine
GM Customer Care
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:06 AM   #5
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

I've observed both bent rods and improper adjustment at the ignition switch. The rod will shrink slightly on colder days.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #6
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lms2015 View Post
It's now been at the shop for 2 weeks and still can't get it figured out. The shop has tried heating up just the computer while it's out in the cold and it fires up and stays running but if he leaves the doors open and the inside gets cold it shuts off again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
Hello Lms2015,

I can imagine your frustration and are very sorry to hear your stall concern has resurfaced. If you’d like, we’d be more than happy to contact the involved dealership to bring this to their attention. Please send us a direct message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and the name of your dealership should this interest you.

Jasmine
GM Customer Care
Pretty obvious that GM needs to kick ass at their dealership service departments.
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT