Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
VTEC LOVER
Banned

I HATE classic cars.... whos with me on this one?

seriously theres just somthing about them that piss me off, theres so many import cars that can just smoke the classic on a strait or on tracks ......
Old 03-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
AlbanyCartel
AF Regular

Re: I HATE classic cars.... whos with me on this one?

i like cheese
Old 03-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
stexch
AF Newbie

Why are you on the classics forum if you hate them? If performance is your focus, then you're focusing on modern rides is where you should be. However, if you want a vehicle that doesn't look like a suppository, isn't at the mercy of five computers, and doesn't have plastic everywhere you look, then classics make sense. Seriously, there are very few modern designs that I can even stand to look at. Cars from the 50's,60's,&70's have so much more individuality. There's room for all of us in this hobby. Don't hate--appreciate!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422

Well I hate people who hate classic cars. You hate them because theyre slow? OK fine, they wernt ALL exteemly fast, but what about the looks? do you dislike that beautiful classic style as well?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:10 AM   #5
CraigFL
AF Regular

Different strokes for different folks... Maybe when you get older, you'll understand everthing isn't about speed.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #6
BlueFusion6851
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlueFusion6851

Quote:
Originally Posted by stexch
Cars from the 50's,60's,&70's have so much more individuality.
Yeah, agreed. You don't get cars like the current gen. ES330 and Camry that basically look alike.
That's what happens when the companies have these CAD programs, they just plug a few numbers in and a design pops out, whats the fun with that?

'93 XLE
**VCV-10**A540e**3VZ-FE**

194,000 miles and rising
Old 04-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #7
bluechevelle
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to bluechevelle

I'll tell you what, pick any stock "new" car and I'll do that same for any car from the seventies. Hell, well even let you choose any add ons you want. Stop being an idiot. It is just sickening how you think a new eclipse or anything else could even compete with a '70 SS LS6 454 Chevelle or shelby mustang. You honestly do show your ignorance through this post.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #8
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112

Dude this guy is a fucking idiot, hes been going around posting in old threads bashing people for no reason. I like the imports from the early to mid 90's newer ones arent as good looking might have better performance now but other than that they begin to get that bubble car look to them. Dont even deny it though the newer domestics are getting more and more ugly cmon how do you bring a classic back as a 4 door.

However to the point the classic cars ae what started drag racing let alone the way cars are made and performance parts are today. Without the guys with the hot rods and rat rods that would start with a scrap car and make it into a master piece. They would make there own parts in there garage, there wasnt performance parts then. The muscle car era is the only one i love and hate the cars were extremely aggresive with big ass engines. Then later as they went on they all started to look like each other with little difference such as lights, and suttle body differences but they were still sexy.

To me the sexiest cars ever created would have to be the 56 belair, corvette stingray, the late 60's chevelles, the shelby cobra, and the pontiac gto.

However this guy is just an idiot.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
Old 04-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #9
ilgoldstein
AF Regular

A classic car is a look back in time. It reflects the state of art of automotive engineering and manufacturing technology at the time is was built. It also reflects the society at the time is was built. You see a different concept of craftsmanship in a classic car than you do in today's vehicles.

I think there is something beautiful about the way these older cars were put together. Screws, nuts and bolts, and metal fasteners instead of plastic clips. Solid parts engineered to take punishment and use instead of to save weight or be assembled easily.

Look at a car from the 60's, is there a dash light you CAN'T easily replace? How many parts on modern cars are "designed to be serviced as a unit" or "not user servicable?'

I love classic cars. Most modern cars bore me to tears.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #10
jgoff78
AF Newbie

in that case i hate imported one and a half liter I4's. you wanna talk fast, your thinking modded cars, well a modded V8 is going to out perform your little ricer NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, there is no replacement for displacement. my 8000lb truck will tear you apart and it weighs 3.5 times as much so before you run your mouth think about the dumb stuff you want to say.
2005 Ford F350 6.0 Lariat CC SB, Bully Dog custom tuning, 4 inch straight pipe, ATS Diesel stage 5 transmission 120hp custom injectors, heads, studs, water-methanol injection, O-Ringed by Piers Diesel
575hp 1091lb-ft at the wheels
1941 Willys Americar 2door Coupe STOCK AND CLASSIC
Old 04-09-2006, 12:47 AM   #11
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Dude chill out this isnt another import vs domestic war. I am a fan of both imports and domestics and i have owned a still own a few of each. I look at it like this, when i talked to one of the editors from hot rod magazine, anyways he said back in the day most teenagers got there parents cars that used to be the classics. Now its usually some form of economy import believe me there are import cars that would make a modded classic look like a damn snail in a race. Technology has come a long way. Then again without the technology of that time no car would be where it is today, let alone none of the aftermarket support would be like it is today. And believe me my honda civic i use to own would leave your 4 ton truck at the line. Cars have come a long way, the old cars are starting to become a rare thing to see, hell even some of the imports from 10 years ago are rare to see.

If you want proof of the import thing and you can keep calling the little 4 bangers slow but look up the skunk 2 rsx imports now hold the worlds fastest all motor 1/4 mile pass. Then again this isnt about speed, the classics can not be replaced, good example is the new charger who the fuck designed that needs to be shot, how do you make a muscle car come back as a four door. Dont take it the wrong way but the vtec lover needs to be banned insulting people and talking shit in forums makes no sense its even worst when newbs keep the shit going, so dont start wars over petty shit.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
Old 04-09-2006, 01:49 AM   #12
ilgoldstein
AF Regular

Speaking of Honda Civics, I remember when I was a teenager and was at an Oldsmobile dealer. They just started selling Hondas, and the Civic was an itty bitty thing. I joked with the salesman that when they sold an Olds 98, they should include a Civic in the trunk as a spare!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:37 AM   #13
phantomcobra
AF Newbie

Yeah, I hate classic cars too. They have too much individuality. It ticks me off that you can tell a 63 Lincoln from a 63 Belair when it is still a mile away. The classics are just too stylish and show up all the new cars. Every time my daughter goes somewhere in her 2004 Chevy that looks like any other Mazda, Toyota or Honda, no one pays any attention. Classics are disgusting attention hogs!

(Note: I currently own three 1979 Lincolns and a 66 Charger so you know this is all tongue in cheek!!)
04 Cavalier (auto, 4 door, 2.2L)
*seems like my engines keep getting smaller
Old 04-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #14
Mr Wiggl3s
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mr Wiggl3s

How can you "hate" a car, you can, not like them, but cars are awesome, unless your some 16 yr old that doesn't know anythinga bout cars, and puts a 9'' muffler on it, and a 100000000000 watt sterio system because you can afford it. Then thats the car i hate
Old 04-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #15
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Most of the time you see a car with a 9 inch dia. muffler its a cheap ass APC, or Blitz muffler that sounds like a pissed off weed eater. And the systems that say 100000000000 watt are usually shitty ass legacy, sony or pyramid amps with a power rating that was derived from multiplying the actual wattage x100. Alot of the stuff these kids buy is cheap, badly made, horrible materials, and overall just made so idiots will buy it cause it has a logo that says something on it. I dont hate the cars but i despise ricers with a passion, gt wings on a cavalier, civic, sentra. Muffler that belongs on a damn GSXR welded maybe even clamped on to there stock exhaust, and a stereo sytem with more lights than a damn 18 wheeler, yeah these are the people i hate. Oh yeah bodykits with more fiberglass than a 67' corvette, and more color coordinated graphics, paint, hoses and gauges than are really needed. I despise you ricers, burn in hell for making tuners look bad.

Cardomain

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars