Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:43 AM   #16
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Re: 300ZX N/A...more power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsu2death
-550cc Injectors (TT versions stillen makes them so does RC Engineering)
-Individual throttle bodies 55mm which gives you about a 330mm throttle body overall. (Universal Kit)
-Unorthodox Ultra SS pulleys
-Adj Fuel Pressure Regulator (AEM Univ. Or Nismo Upgrade)
-Stillen Engine Damper (Helps transfer the power to the wheels and also fixes power steering hose kinking problem)
-Weight Reduction, just rip extra interior parts out 300zx's weigh about 3900lbs.
-Larger Intake manifold through street concepts (scpower.com)
-Larger Cams/ Adj Cam gears.
Flash the Ecu or get a Standalone and you should be in about the 400hp range.

Ok you dug up a 1 year 2 month old thread....

next... after you spend 10Gs on something that you could have done for 5Gs and made 450BHP... Hmm...

Next the weight of the Z32 is NOT 3900lbs. Even with a fat chick in it.

3900lbs is Altima weight.

Z32 is around 3300-3500 depending on model.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #17
skln09
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to skln09

its been a looooong time, no sign of doing the swap yet, but the car has come a long way

this was an onroad rally kinda thing we did like 3 weeks ago
skln09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #18
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Looks good, but looks like its almost time for a new front end. Your front bumper is a little beat up. What exhaust is that, doesnt look like the HKS, Stillen?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #19
skln09
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to skln09

thanks!!...yes, I'm getting a '99 JDM front bumper next month, exhaust is custom made in one piece, mufflers are also custom made at the same local shop, you can se it better in this pic:

skln09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:43 AM   #20
...ladies
AF Newbie

i like the radio. but ya there are a few things you can do. lightweight pulleys. down pipe, exhuast, performance air intake, ect. just check ebay for an idea. just do some research. its prolly already been said on here. havent read through the whole thing. you can get your n/a running about the 300hp of a tt. but the price would be very close to that of a swap.
...ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #21
bjdm151
AF Regular

Anyboduy know what these the n/a cars put down to the wheels stock??

BJ
bjdm151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #22
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Well Bjdm,

seeing as the NA is only 222BHP. Most dynos I have seen of mostly stock NAs have been around 170RWHP.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #23
Andrewhuffman
AF Regular

i think its more than that, but it also depends on the mileage.
Energy Suspension, z1 Drive Shaft,E-fan, Port/Polished heads, AMS Manifolds, HKS SSQV BOVs, Howe Radiator, RPS segmented LW flywheel, UR OverDrive waterpump pulley, Billion Thermo, z1 silicone hoses, Stillen gauge pod w/autometers, D&S rotors all around
Andrewhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #24
Andrewhuffman
AF Regular

"-Individual throttle bodies 55mm which gives you about a 330mm throttle body overall. (Universal Kit)"

No way in hell.

lets do some math. one 55mm TB is apx 2375sqmm in area.

2375 x 2 = 4750sqmm in total area.

a 78mm TB is apx 4778sqmm

a 330mm TB is apx 85530sqmm.

so two 55mm Tbs is liek one 78mm Tb.
Energy Suspension, z1 Drive Shaft,E-fan, Port/Polished heads, AMS Manifolds, HKS SSQV BOVs, Howe Radiator, RPS segmented LW flywheel, UR OverDrive waterpump pulley, Billion Thermo, z1 silicone hoses, Stillen gauge pod w/autometers, D&S rotors all around
Old 11-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #25
...ladies
AF Newbie

Just get the strongest internals you can find. have them installed with like a 200 shot of nitrous or something fun lol
...ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #26
Vegas300zx
AF Newbie

Brokeas**** has a stickied thread about giving more power to your Z (even n/a). But as far as an intake goes im pretty much stuck between a JWT pop charger and the injen intake. btw my car is also an n/a. any suggestions?
Vegas300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #27
amandico26
AF Newbie

hey dude can i ask a few questions here, how do you know there is only 18 z' in the country, i boght mine abouth 5 months ago since then i been working on the engine swap, but i did not boght a front clip i bougt an vg30dett on ebay and everything else i need to on ebay if u go to nissanclubcr.com look fro projects fairlady z that is my car i'm still working on it but just in case if u already did the swap i need some help if not i can help you a little bit i live in curridabat just in case but i find myself in new york right know so hit me if u need help or if u finish the swap thanks!!!!
amandico26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #28
amandico26
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skln09 View Post
so there is nothing I can do to improve performance, the only option is the swap?.....it will be hard to get, and the shipment will not be cheap
PD: my engine has 97k on the odo

edit: I found a jdm front clip for $2,200, plus $550 to ship it to Katy, Texas where I have family, we are talking $2,750, then I have to pay shipment to Costa Rica and I have no idea how to get a price on that, and then I have to pay taxes for the thing whent it enters the country, then I have to get the custom drive shaft that goes for $285 and the exhaust that I dont know for how much it runs, so to summarize:

JDM front clip.....$2750
Driveshaft...........$285
Exhaust..............$500
Total................$3535 + shipping and taxes= around $4500

I paid $6000 for the car, so we are looking at maybe $11500 for a 2+2 TT (labor included, it is VERY cheap down hear and I will put many hours on it also but cannot do it myself) I am sure I can sell the VG30DE with the tranny and get some cash back......most important thing; it would be the only NA to TT swap in the country!!...of course this is a long term project haha

dude i'm doing it diferent i can help you!!! don't spent so much money
amandico26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #29
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandico26 View Post
hey dude can i ask a few questions here, how do you know there is only 18 z' in the country, i boght mine abouth 5 months ago since then i been working on the engine swap, but i did not boght a front clip i bougt an vg30dett on ebay and everything else i need to on ebay if u go to nissanclubcr.com look fro projects fairlady z that is my car i'm still working on it but just in case if u already did the swap i need some help if not i can help you a little bit i live in curridabat just in case but i find myself in new york right know so hit me if u need help or if u finish the swap thanks!!!!

Dont even know what you are talking about this thread died some year ago. There is a website that you could check your vin number with the Nissan Z32 data base and it would tell you your production numbers. How many with that engine, interiour, and colour package.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #30
Andrewhuffman
AF Regular

Lol, why would you need a new DS with the TT swap?

Idiot!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)