Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
Kuroneko
AF Newbie

Question 1994 VTEC transmission in a 1993 Accord?

Okay, I realize that this is a strange question.

I ordered an automatic transmission for my 1993 Honda Accord, and apparently received the wrong type of transmission. After the transmission came in the mail, I dropped it and my car off at a transmission shop.

The transmission shop called me the next day and told me that they couldn't bolt the transmission in because it was for a V6 VTEC! After that sunk in, they told me that they could use a flywheel to install it into my car anyways and that it would work okay. Has anyone else here done this? Can this damage my car at all? And is there anything that I should watch out for if they do in fact install the transmission like this? I'd just ship it back and get a proper transmission, but it'd cost at least $125 in shipping fees and my credit card is already maxed out.

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I really am worried!

Also, I bought the transmission from
http://www.import-engine-trans.com/
-- is that a decent place to get one from? I called all over and they seemed to have the best price, but I feel stupid now for not researching them more. I really can't find any info on them online... has anyone bought from them before? If the transmission turns out to be bad, I don't know what I'm going to do... but I won't think about that for now!
Kuroneko is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid