Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
mischa
AF Newbie

Arrow GM, Chrysler, Ford

Right now I am a college student who is going to be looking for another job once i get my car. would it help to get a job at a GM dealership if i was to say, get a Buick, or a Chrysler dealership if i was to get a Plymouth?

Do these 3 companies still make parts for their muscle cars?
mischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:07 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: GM, Chrysler, Ford

Generally the dealerships work with newer cars. It's not common for a car old enough to be out-of-warranty to be serviced at a dealership.

Also, generally dealerships rarely have muscle car parts unless they were widely used on lots of other, newer cars, like oil filters.
Even then, parts prices are higher than at other parts places. Also, employees don't get enough of a discount to make it worthwhile.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
mischa
AF Newbie

Well, right now i work at HOnda, and get very good discounts on parts for my NEW honda. BUT, Mercedes still stocks parts for early early mercedes models. so, if you needed a sun visor for your 1963 230SL, you would probably be able to get it at a Mercedes Benz dealership.
mischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #4
71Cnet
AF Newbie

dodge dealers can order, and sometimes stock, mopar performance parts. i can accually gat more parts for my 71 dodge coronet then my 87 dodge daytona. im not sure about gm or ford. but you can easily get most gm or ford parts at most speed shops. on the other hand speed shops dont usually stock mopar parts. either way good luck and have fun with what ever you buy.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical