Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Titan
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
JPDyson
AF Newbie

Tune-ups for a Titan

My '04 Titan has a few extra miles (about 74k) and I'm wondering if it's due for a tune-up. I can't say I notice any definite symptoms of a car that's in need of a tune-up, but I don't exactly have a maintenance history on the vehicle prior to my ownership (which isn't long enough to include an oil change).

I'll refer to the manual a little later today to get the official line from Nissan on this - but I want your inputs as well, as I'm sure somebody else out there has racked up some miles on their '04 as well.

Thanks!
JPDyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #2
huntfamily5
AF Newbie

Re: Tune-ups for a Titan

I recently purchased an 04 Titan 4x4 Crew Cab with 66K miles. This Titan replaced my ever failing Dodge Ram Quad Cab. This is my 3rd Nissan truck and I expect the same longevity out of the Titan as I had out of my Frontier and Hard Body. I purchased my Titan from a dealership in MD. The dealership performed needed repairs on it before I drove it home. The repairs were minor and included a rotor resurfacing and replacing a boot (they also changed the oil and put on new AT tires). I asked them about a tune up and they said that it was not needed until about 100K miles or for cause. I hope this helps.
huntfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Titan