Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Kit Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Kit Cars Replicas, rebodies, customs or engineering. Talk about it all here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
Xanderj13
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Xanderj13 Send a message via Yahoo to Xanderj13
Talking Euroworks Mirage X

Greetings everyone. I am new to this forum and look forward to using it for lot of info and opinions. I am Joel and I live in the foothill's of the Smoky Mountains here in Tennessee. I have played with the idea of building a Diablo replica for some years now and have even aquired a donor 1986 Fiero. I have researched all companies and even driven a few fine examples. The only problem I have with most "stretch fit" Diablo replicas is the handling compensation. The stock Fiero has wonderful handling but is a turd in the power department. The stretch Diablo replica I drove was slushy in the rear and I hated it. However Euroworks makes a cool Diablo replica that fits a stock Fiero chassis called the Mirage X. I am thinking of re-bodying the Fiero with lots of suspension mods and putting a turbo-charged or supercharged 3.8 V-6 in the rear which bolts perfectly up to the GETRAG 5 speed transmission. I believe even though it is a much shorter wheelbase replica Diablo, with all that power and handling it should tear thru Deal's Gap (a.k.a) "The Dragon" with ferocity. Any opinions on this idea and has anyone any info or personal experience with the Mirage X kit?
Xanderj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
beef_bourito
AF Enthusiast

Re: Euroworks Mirage X

you sound like a spammer lol.

anyways i'd suggest putting a V8 in it, there are many people who have done it, i think it's the 305 but i'm sure someone has done a 350 swap somehow. other than that i have no experionce with these.

Mr. T speaks only when necessary. His main form of communication is folding his arms and slowly shaking his head. And regardless of the situation, he is always understood.

On the A-team, Face , Haniabal, and Murdoch were all masters of disguise. Mr T didn't have to wear a disguise. The bad guys didn't recognize him out of fear.
beef_bourito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
-FROG-
AF Regular

Re: Euroworks Mirage X

Never buy a short kit..... they look friggin rediculious. BUY STRETCHED! V8's get hot. The 3800 Buick motor with the stock supercharger option is very nice.... my riend has one in his Fiero. However, you can mod a 2.8L Fiero V6 and get a little power, thats what I did to my Mirage S.
-FROG- is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Kit Cars