Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Z8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 10:26 PM   #1
speedy6301
AF Newbie

Exclamation HELP!!!!!!plez

i just bought a z8 2 months ago and i took out the limiter chip and when i took it on the track on a turn i heard a sound i donno wut because i had the my music on really loud and when i took it to the shop they said i bent the chassie what does that mean plez help
speedy6301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 01:26 AM   #2
Sluttypatton
AF Enthusiast

Bent the chassis!?! Thats bad. That means you bent the frame of your car. What were you doing when this happened? That's extreme, how did you manage that?
Last edited by Sluttypatton on 13-54-2098 at 25:75 PM.
Sluttypatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 06:17 AM   #3
crayzayjay
CFA

Yeah that is very surprising indeed.. u sure ur wheels didnt hit anything? if they didnt thats gotta be a serious manufacturing flaw in the car... unless this garage is having u on
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #4
speedy6301
AF Newbie

i didnt hit anything. i was going like 200 on a turn. the gerage is owned by my bro. can i fix it?
speedy6301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 03:46 AM   #5
crayzayjay
CFA

If you didn’t hit anything there’s no reason why the chassis should fail, the car has 400bhp and should be able to harness that power – unless there were some really exceptional circumstances. Anyway, I would definitely contact BMW, tell them what happened and get them to fix the car, because a chassis failure is inexcusable. First you need to check if your warranty is still valid after taking the car on a track, and if BMW give you grief, tell them you’ll be writing to motoring magazines to tell them the situation. If these guys are reasonably intelligent they’ll at least take a look at your car to avoid the bad press.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:38 AM   #6
bermuda20b
AF Newbie

I am no expert and not calling BS so please don't take it that way but.....When I took delivery of my car, the first thing I did was pay my $400 and download the software from BMW to remove the top end limiter. There is no 'chip' to remove.

Which BMW dealership does your 'bro' have?
bermuda20b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:41 AM   #7
crayzayjay
CFA

Sorry I have to admit im also very sceptical about this, though I have given you the benefit of the doubt that wouldn’t be a bad question for you to answer… a pic of the car would also be good… like I said, sorry to doubt but a lot of people BS on this forum
Old 06-22-2003, 08:38 AM   #8
bermuda20b
AF Newbie

Where did our boy speedy go? Check out his postings....he has a new bmw z8, new toyota mr2, he is going to change engines in his lancer but yet asks what oem means.......

bermuda20b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 09:05 AM   #9
lowridder11
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lowridder11
I don't have a Z8 but i have a Z3. My guess is that the Z8 is stronger than my Z3 and i have done what he has done on a track too. Maybe even more. But my car is in perfect condition after all the abuse i have put it through. Unless i see pics i think this os totall bull. A Z8, and MR2, and a lancer? Come on
Old 09-14-2003, 07:05 PM   #10
TheScientist
Banned

I agree. If he even had a Z8, the chassis wouldn't have bent in any way. The car was specifically designed to withstand high-speeds. But the other case could be, that they put the limiter on for a reason, to not exceed the speed of what the chassis could handle. But if the chassis bent, he would've seen some major damage to the shock absorbers, and suspension.

Examples were I saw a Z8 doin a hundred on the FDR in NY, silver, probably a Manhattan resident. The bumps on that road are hideous. My Acura suffered two flat tires from that highway. Another example was if you saw the filming of Thw World is Not Enough Bond movie, you should've seen the limits they pushed that car to, especially when Bond was driving on that dirt road. So I still put up
TheScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:20 PM   #11
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: HELP!!!!!!plez

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScientist
I agree. If he even had a Z8, the chassis wouldn't have bent in any way. The car was specifically designed to withstand high-speeds. But the other case could be, that they put the limiter on for a reason, to not exceed the speed of what the chassis could handle. But if the chassis bent, he would've seen some major damage to the shock absorbers, and suspension.

Examples were I saw a Z8 doin a hundred on the FDR in NY, silver, probably a Manhattan resident. The bumps on that road are hideous. My Acura suffered two flat tires from that highway. Another example was if you saw the filming of Thw World is Not Enough Bond movie, you should've seen the limits they pushed that car to, especially when Bond was driving on that dirt road. So I still put up

It's funny that you talk about BS- I still don't know if that Acura is really yours- especially after the Lorinser S600 and 24 year old orthopedic surgeon escapade

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:26 PM   #12
TheScientist
Banned

If you prefer, I'd be more than happy to post some more pictures if you want, problem is, I got work tomorrow, and have to follow the hurricane that's coming up here probably next week, I got to monitor it.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:54 AM   #13
zackiedawg
AF Regular

Though I know it IS possible for someone without language skills to have enough money for a Z8 (hundreds of rappers prove that)...the abject stupidity of the post and complete unbelievability of it makes it rather "BS" like...especially this:

Quote:
i was going like 200 on a turn. the gerage is owned by my bro. can i fix it?
Going "like 200"? Sorry. No. Michael Schumacher in his Formula One car cannot go "like 200" in a turn. and certainly, even in a fast turn a car's tires would give far before the chassis would unless someone had arc-welded through 90% of the chassis subframe! Even "like 200" in kilometers is not believable. So this one certianly seems like total BS. And since it was posted many months ago and no updates since...buh bye.

OH...and on TheScientist's post: I'm willing to give him a chance on this, Jimster. Whether you can verify the Acura is his...so far this screenname has posted mostly reasonable things and nothing ridiculous like Physician101 or Chasertourv. Maybe he has decided to put all of that behind him, and just try to assimilate back in. Even the language is better in the post.

I'd say let's give this screenname a chance. Maybe the profile has some questionable stuff in it, but the posts haven't been bad yet. If any of the unbelievable junk starts up again, or the bad grammar (like this original poster), then I'd consider it 3-strikes-you're-out...but until then, he may have learned his lesson and just wants to use the board like normal.

What do you think?

zackiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:00 PM   #14
TheScientist
Banned

Jimster, I like fooling around becuase, IT'S THE INTERNET!!!!! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. And that message goes out to those people who keep flaming me.

Oh, and Zackiedawg, a car has accomplished a turn at 200 MPH at the Autobahn, with the McLaren F1. If you've played Gran Turismo 3, and go on the Test Course, a turn like that was how the McLaren did it. But 200 on a turn with a Z8, thats BS.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Z8