Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Nova | Prizm | Spectrum | Sprint
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:30 AM   #1
qwerty1986
AF Newbie

Angry 92 Prizm Brake Problems!!!

Ok, i am stumped at this point, 3 days ago my brake pedal went to the floor and lost about 75% of my stopping ability. i have replaced the front pads, both rotors, both calipers, and today a brand new master cylinder in it. i have completly bled the system with all new fluid and yet my pedal still goes to the floor. does anyone here know what it could be? i just spent over $300 in new parts and still no luck. it doesn't leak fluid anywhere, i am stumped and getting upset with this POS car lol! please help .. thank you
qwerty1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
n0rt0n
AF Newbie

Location: Flat Rock - Home of The New Mustang & Mazda, Michigan
Re: 92 Prizm Brake Problems!!!

Yeah its your rear Shoes and Drums. Replace them. There was probably nothing wrong with the fronts or the master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1986
Ok, i am stumped at this point, 3 days ago my brake pedal went to the floor and lost about 75% of my stopping ability. i have replaced the front pads, both rotors, both calipers, and today a brand new master cylinder in it. i have completly bled the system with all new fluid and yet my pedal still goes to the floor. does anyone here know what it could be? i just spent over $300 in new parts and still no luck. it doesn't leak fluid anywhere, i am stumped and getting upset with this POS car lol! please help .. thank you
n0rt0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
jhanley
AF Newbie

Did the rear shoes fix it??? I just picked up a 96 prizm with the same proble and i replaced the master cylinder and it didnt fix it?? Thanks
jhanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
qwerty1986
AF Newbie

i replaced both wheel cylinders shoes and miked the drums, they were fine. then i replaced all the lines with new and still same problem.. after close to a grand later i find the problem.. it was a clip for the front pads that was missing!!!! a $10 kit and now it works great
Old 12-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
johnholl
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1986
i replaced both wheel cylinders shoes and miked the drums, they were fine. then i replaced all the lines with new and still same problem.. after close to a grand later i find the problem.. it was a clip for the front pads that was missing!!!! a $10 kit and now it works great

What clip. Is it an alighment clip which goes between the inboard and outboard pad?
johnholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
qwerty1986
AF Newbie

it was the pad clip that goes btwn the pad and the caliper. allows the pad to slide.. without it the pad was not moving with the caliper it was sitting in 1 place on the rotor..

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Nova | Prizm | Spectrum | Sprint