Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
It is a car!
AF Newbie

Unhappy New Car Extended Warranty disappointment

purchased an extended warranty for my 2007 Pontiac from dealer at time of new car purchase.
jumping to Feb 2012. The fuel pump which sits in the gas tank has nylon hose leaking at the connection point where it connects into the fuel pump. The fuel pump and the hose are one piece, one part number. cant replace hose by itself must replace fuel pump with it. I was happy that i purchased some piece of mind with the extended warranty and to put it to good use. Boy was i wrong- it has been a nightmare getting this dead beat warranty company (FESC), which the dealer sold me on, to cover the repair. I called FESC with the problem and they told me to take it to a service facility. Pep Boys dropped the fuel tank and diagnosed the problem. But when Pep Boys called FESC again to get an authorization to complete the repair they said we wont cover and that I should take it to a GM dealer because it is covered under GM Warranty. So i had the car towed to GM dealer after paying PeP Boys $170 for dropping the tank and diagnosis.. The GM dealer looked at it and said no, FESC should cover it. now i am stuck between two dead beats with the repair. I purchased the protection for a piece of mind and now i have headaches, frustrations, anger, and had to take time off from work to deal with the tow and among other things wasted time writing and pleading to GM and FESC to fix my car. What do i do now. I probably will end up footing the bill because i don’t have the means or smarts to fight these two dead beat giants.
It is a car! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: New Car Extended Warranty disappointment

Good morning,
I'm sorry to hear that you're stuck in the middle of trying to get this repair taken care of. If I can follow up with the dealership for you, please send me a private message with more information (include your name, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your dealership).

Regards,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Let me get this straight......you bought the new Pontiac(which model?) from a Pontiac dealership......you bought an extended warranty from the Pontiac dealership.......so why in the world would you bring the car to Pep Boys to be fixed/diagnosed? If the dealership had closed, should have gone to another GM dealership.

Hate to say this: But this is a cluster f**K!

First of all, any garage that is going to work on a vehicle, that is covered by an extended warranty, that was purchased from ANOTHER GARAGE/SHOP/DEALERSHIP, should be calling that warranty company BEFORE they even touch the vehicle. That way they know what is covered on the vehicle, how much labor time they are allowed, and if there is a deductable involved. So Pep Boys dropped the ball there.

FESC, knows a GM warranty is good only for 36months/36K miles....so they know it's out of warranty.

GM is not going to pay for it.....have only seen that line break once.....and that was from someone trying to put the tank back in improperly.....don't you think it's funny you could drive it to Pep Boys, but had to have towed to the GM dealer? If that was leaking BEFORE YOU WENT TO Pep Boys, you would have smelled it, and there would have been a leak....

What was your original problem? Why did Pep Boys have to drop the tank? There is no reason to drop the tank.....if fuel pressure is low, you check the fuel filter and you check power and ground to the pump, and you check the regulator and injectors for holding pressure......the only time you drop the tank is to replace the pump....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

As suggested above, GM and the dealer have no obligation to fix this issue.

My limited experience with extended warranties is that they have specific rules and terms outlined in your contract. You should have read and understood these terms before you bought the warranty.

Now, read those rules and terms. They will describe the process for making a claim, how to do so and whats covered. They also indicate your obligations as well.

These firms are merciless. If you don't follow the terms and conditions they will not honour a claim. So, read the rules, find out where your claim has gone bad and correct it.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote