Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Vision
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What should I do with my car??
Fix car and keep it 2 100.00%
Try to sell the car(person/junkyard) 0 0%
Part out the car 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
SupraGuy
AF Newbie

94 Eagle Vision NEED HELP!!!!

Ok guys, I need some help if yall can. I have a '94 Eagle Vision ESi, and everytime I drive my car and I get into fourth gear about 1400-2100 RPM it feels like the transmission starts to surge, but im not sure if it is the gears in it or if it may be a bad sensor or whatnot. Also, if I am in park with it running, I can profusely smell gasoline, but when I check the engine for fuel leaks, I find none. Any help on this one?? And one more, while the car is running it feels like the engine is either misfiring or it is just not getting enough fuel(which led me to believe that there was a fuel leak), could bad injectors be causing this?? Any help is very appreciated, I am just getting tired of this damn car being so much of a hassle...A/C this, transmission that, engine there...etc.
SupraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
meeee
AF Newbie

Re: 94 Eagle Vision NEED HELP!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraGuy
Ok guys, I need some help if yall can. I have a '94 Eagle Vision ESi, and everytime I drive my car and I get into fourth gear about 1400-2100 RPM it feels like the transmission starts to surge, but im not sure if it is the gears in it or if it may be a bad sensor or whatnot. Also, if I am in park with it running, I can profusely smell gasoline, but when I check the engine for fuel leaks, I find none. Any help on this one?? And one more, while the car is running it feels like the engine is either misfiring or it is just not getting enough fuel(which led me to believe that there was a fuel leak), could bad injectors be causing this?? Any help is very appreciated, I am just getting tired of this damn car being so much of a hassle...A/C this, transmission that, engine there...etc.

Did you find a solution? my kid's car is not running well and the mechanic has replaced the brain and is very knowledgeable and it still is dropping cylinders...
meeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
theFREAKnasty82
AF Enthusiast

if you have a multiple misfire, I'd suggest replacing your coil
Dead Or Dying Gas Eater
Department Of Defense Garbage Equipment
Dodge Owners Don't Get Excited
Don't Overdrive Gutless Engine
Drips Oil Drops Grease Everywhere

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 3.9 V6
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2 V8 4X4
theFREAKnasty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:26 AM   #4
92_Astro
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to 92_Astro
About 6 years ago there was a recall on that car for leaking fuel rails. Did you get that fixed then?? Mine were smelling when I got the recall in the mail.

I would definitely check the o-rings on the fuel rails.

Another side note, I had to have my 95 visions transmission rebuilt around 80,000.... so it could very well be slipping.
92_Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
burkman
AF Newbie

I might have figured it out

I have a 94 that I have not driven for 3 years because of that same problem. I took mine to the shop and the cleaned the feul injection,that worked for about 30 miles,took it back changed an injector #2, that worked for 30 miles too. Then I let it sit for 2 years because it went from 29 mpg to 7 mpg, but I might have figured it out, I put in a new plug in #2 ran it, ran fine for a little while then idled ruff, checked plug again,it had oil all over it, so my conclusion is that oil is leakin in some how (maybe a bad head gasket) because at high revs it burns the oil but at idle it is not hot enough.I have not dug in to see if my idea is right or not but I hope I might have helped diagnos.
burkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:56 PM   #6
metzgers3jjl
AF Newbie

I would check your fuel pressure regulator located under the intake plenum. Also check where the fuel line comes up near the transmission (under the air intake cowling) between the firewall and engine. They used plastic clips to hold the fuel lines together and we all know what happens to plastic as it ages. Mine blew completely off one time, and amazingly it ran good enough to limp it to the shop!!
just some ideas
metzgers3jjl is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Vision