Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange
Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange Sell your car and parts or post what you are looking for.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
-FROG-
AF Regular

VIPER - 11 second,430HP/500TQ - Custom Wheels, mods, $26,950

I had it for sale at $27,950.00 but I'll let it go for $26,950 if I swap the JL speakers with another brand, keep the amp, VEC Tuner, shift light, cone intake filters (swap back to stock filters)...

$26,950.00 for a beautiful 11 second exotic car that doesn't look like an average Viper. This car has over $13,000.00 worth of mods, new parts and upgrades! Using the mathematic converter of .8 for drive train loss, this puts the flywheel or Brake Horsepower at 537HP/625TQ on the motor. A Dyno will show rear wheel horsepower at about 430HP/500TQ to the ground. There have been some nice modifications done to this car. The side pipes are perfectly painted red, instead of the typical stock black giving it a more modern look. The car is lowered and of course it has intake & exhaust, etc... Interior items like shifter/knob, stereo, shift light, tuner, digital air/fuel gauge, etc... were also added. I’ll list everything I can think of off the top of my head below. See the pictures below to admire the BEAUTIFUL paint!

Mods and extras are listed below:
SSR Wheels / Kumho Tires - $3,000.
Raptor Shift Light - $150.
VECI Tuner - $200.
Short Throw Shifter & knob - $300.
Eibach Springs - $300.
Pioneer Flip up CD/DVD player - $500.
JL Audio speakers with amp - $400.
Double Bubble Hard Top - $4,000.
K&N Cone filters / intake tubes - $300.
Borla Mufflers - $300.
Rear Wing - $500.
Chrome Viper Emblems - $200.
Aftermarket 1,200 degrees Racing Spark Plug wires - $200.
Total Price of aftermarket additions (probably missing a few as well) – $10,350.00.

New / Recently replaced Items:
Clutch - $300.
Clutch Master Cylinder - $300.
Clutch Slave Cylinder - $300.
Motor Mounts - $200.
Poly Tranny Mount - $100.
Fuel Pump - $200.
PCM Computer - $600.
Total Price of replaced items (probably missing a few here too) – $2,000.00.

The top comes off for a totally different feel and it seems to draw even MORE attention in the convertable mode, although it’s actually hard to imagine the car getting any more looks than it already does… But it's cool with the top off because it's like you have a totally different car, almost like 2 cars in 1.

The ¼ mile drag strip…. When it was basically stock, I ran ALL near 11 second passes with crappy tires and shifting WAY TOO HIGH (shifted at 6,000RPM’s but should have been at 5,300RPM’s… According to my dyno sheet, shifting too high lost me about 100lbs of torque on the top of my shifts). My passes were 12.28, 12.25 and 12.11 @115MPH. That was when the car was closer to stock, so the track would be a totally different story now. 11.70’s are achievable without a doubt now and I'm confident it will make an 11.50 second pass under the right conditions. This is one of the fastest “stock-ish” GEN I Vipers around! Most near stock Vipers get very high 12's in the 1/4 and newer drivers even get low 13's, so this car definitely shines at the drag strip and impressed alot of people on the Viper boards. On the street, I recorded a few 12.4 second ¼ mile passes and a whopping 0-60 at 4,22 seconds with my G-Tech! I can imagine the 0-60 would be significantly lower at a proper test track for this, but I was on the street so somewhat limited. With Nitrous, Supercharger or twin turbos, this is a low 10sec / 9sec car easily but it will already whip most cars on the street so it's really not necessary unless you are a speed junky.

Here’s a video of my 12.1 second pass. There is a slew of excuses I can make about this pass because the elements were against me, but the 12.1 was still a VERY respectful time on worn street tires and bad shifting. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lidqPzJ9KEE
This 1994 RT/10 has about 72,000 miles on it. If you are not familiar with Vipers, the motors and trannys are near Bullet Proof! Do some research to learn a little more about these motors or send me an email with any questions, but like I said, these motors are absolutely crazy. People are getting 900HP out of stock motors with twin turbos and 1,300 HP on built turbo motors. A stock 94' Viper is rated at 180 MPH, However, with the mods I have , I'm sure it would do 185-190, but I've never been crazy enough to try it. I have heard stories about GEN 1 Viper owners doing 175 with the top off, but I don't recommend it. With a power adder, 200 MPH is normal with these cars. Also, I have a set of GTS race headers I'll throw in. They are supposed to add about 15 horsepower (increasing the total rear wheel power to about 445HP/515TQ) and they are lighter than stock headers so the weight loss is always nice.

This is one of the best looking RT/10’s around, with the look of an Elite Tuner car and it DOES have the power to back up the looks. Alot of Corvette and Cobra folks move up to Vipers, so if you are one of them and considering a Viper... make the move. Vipers put you in an Exotic category that I believe everyone should experience and will turn you into an instant celebrity. It's quite amazing, I must say... If you want to know more, please respond to this listing. getfrog@gmail.com

I can email better pictures upon request, so let me know!

-FROG- is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange