Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
jonahj
AF Newbie

blower motor wont turn off

i have a jeep grand cherokee (1995, 5.2 liter) my blower motor wont turn off whenever i turn my car off, or when i turn it off from the dash console. whats wrong with it, is it the resistor? i can only turn it off by taking out the blower motor fuse. i need help please let me know? thanks
jonahj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
jburlin
AF Newbie

Re: blower motor wont turn off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahj
i have a jeep grand cherokee (1995, 5.2 liter) my blower motor wont turn off whenever i turn my car off, or when i turn it off from the dash console. whats wrong with it, is it the resistor? i can only turn it off by taking out the blower motor fuse. i need help please let me know? thanks

Did you ever discover the solution to this problem?
Thanks
jburlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #3
Bob D.
AF Enthusiast

It's usually the control switch that gets too hot, melts slightly and causes the circuit to stay closed.
Bob D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
croozer
AF Newbie

It`s the resistor under your heater box. Replace it.
croozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
psycho_maniac
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Yahoo to psycho_maniac

Could somebody explain more? How do you go about replacing the resistor? I have this same problem in my 99 WJ. Also Where do i get the parts from?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
croozer
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac
Could somebody explain more? How do you go about replacing the resistor? I have this same problem in my 99 WJ. Also Where do i get the parts from?
Look under the heaterbox on the passenger side below your glovebox. its about 4" X 4" square with a weatherpak plug on it. It has screws holding it on, Remove the screws and wire to take it out. The dealer will have the part for you. Its pricey, I`m not sure if local parts houses have this resistor. My wife works for the regional parts wharehouse for Chrysler/Jeep so it was easy for me to get it.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
psycho_maniac
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Yahoo to psycho_maniac

is there a fuse for the heater? i think i may have blown it because i took the resistor box out and when i went to plug it back in now the motor doesnt turn on at all. I would also like to add that I own a 99 gradn cherokee limited

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 02-28-2008 at 07:26 PM.
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
tiffanysandoval
AF Newbie

GA_googleFillSlot("Forums_ROS_300x250_noad");I have a 94' Jeep Grand Cherokee with a straight 6 motor, I also have a remote starter in this also. Just recently I changed the oil pan gasket, now when i turn the car off the information display wont shut off and drains my battery... I tried taking out the fuse and when i do that my car shuts off. Also, my heater will turn on without the key in the ignition and I can put my windows up and down without the key in it... this car is posessed!! Anyone have any info.for me please!!
tiffanysandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
jeeper186
AF Newbie

I know this is an old thread. I am also having the same trouble with the blower motor not shutting off in a 98 JGC limited with a 4.0. I have replaced the control unit in the dash and the resistor next to the fan motor with no luck. Yea, I went to the recycle yard to get the parts thinking there cant be that many that would have the same problem. But I guess you never know. This one sure looked good when I inspected it. Wish I knew how to test the resistor. Just to many electronics inside. Could someone give more insight as to if I am on the right track? I am really getting tired of the hanging switch to turn it off and on. Thank in advance.
1995 JGC 7" lift 231 T-Case 33" tires.
Yes, I love JEEPS!
jeeper186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
croozer
AF Newbie

It is common that the resistor on the box goes bad. Replace it with new. Gambling with the scrap yard will most likely get you junk parts.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
Biigpuker
AF Regular

I too am having the same problem. I have a 99 limited with the auto temp control. So far I have ruled out the ignition switch. Now I am trying to locate the relay for the blower motor thinking this may have fused the tips together. I really hate taking it to the dealer but in a few days it's gonna get up in the 90's again. Anyone else have some idea?
Biigpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #12
96JeppOwner
AF Newbie

I know this makes no sense, but it is the blower resistor. Yes, I know it doesn't compute that a bad resister would deliver power to the blower with the key off and out of the ignition. My 96 Grand had the same issue and I figured it must be the relay (behind the glovebox on the end of a cable) - but swapped that out and it made no difference. I presented the problem to the Jepp Dealership mechanics ( 3 in the shop at the time) and they were stumped - suggested the 'electrical diagnostic test' at $135 for the first hour. Well, I bought the $200 Mopar resister and TaDa - everthing works perfectly.
96JeppOwner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8