Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 02:29 AM   #1
Paki-boy
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Paki-boy Send a message via Yahoo to Paki-boy
Question 2003 Corolla

Hi all,
I own Corolla 2003 with 3ZZ-FE engine. This is DOHC which produces only 108bhp. Now I am looking for 2ZZ-GE engine with Manual transmission, ECU, wirings,looms and all other related parts. Does anyone have any idea from where I can get this engine and does 2zzge engine fit perfect under my car's hood? I have worked a lot on my stock engine like added K&N inbox filter, headers, Bosch 4 tip plugs, Apexi S-AFC and a few other cheap mods. With these things I have gained a lot of power. One can feel power after 4000 rpm. With G-Tech pro, I've seen sudden change in the curve after 4000rpm.My car is with auto-transmission. After these mods, I can easily run my car with any manual stock Corolla...I have also added TRD lowering springs, Ventilated bigger brake disks with 17 inches wheels, Levin bodykit, Strut bar which has improved cornering.
I've searched alot for this engine.I've found at one site but that's tooooo expensive therefore need ur help.
Paki-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:33 AM   #2
1badwgn
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Corolla

Time to trade in. You should have waited a year or so.

I'm involved in Toyota manufacturing (Corolla specifically) and I can tell you this: The Corolla will be coming out with the 2ZZ-GE in a few months (MY2005 - Corolla XRs). There will finally be an all-wheel drive version as well, however they will not mate the 2 together. The showroom XRs will also have dynamic strut braces, a sport suspension (although your TRD's are better), a new interior, etc.

For you to transfer everything into your MY2003, it will probably cost you more than a new XRs, hence time to trade in.

On the envy side of the house, I see about 1000 new 2ZZ's every day just sitting there waiting to be installed on a new vehicle. I'm in the ultimate grocery store for Corolla lovers...

HTH

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk