Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > 360 / R2 / Rex
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 04:06 AM   #1
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

The R1 and R2, modern day 360s.

Subaru has very quitely launched two new microcars over the last 12months. The first was the 5dr R2, which gained a decent amount of publicity and now this(essentially a 3dr) the R1, which nobody knows about. The R1 and R2 look absoultly fab, funky retro inspired styling and a stylish, quality interior. Powered by either a normally aspirated 700cc or a Turbocharged version, these cars are strictly K-Cars but I think they would sell outside Japan. They are certainly better looking than Subaru's previous atempts at the small car market(ala Justy and Vivio). Subaru also have acess to a range of small engines made by GM, including Fiat's 1.3litre Multijet Diesel. Subaru should seriously consider selling them outside their local market, they would turn the city car market on its head.

The cute R1, which has ovetones of 360...

The first, 5dr R2,sharing its name with a Subaru microcar from the 70s(correct me it i'm wrong).
Old 02-06-2005, 07:58 AM   #2
MPtyza
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MPtyza
Re: The R1 and R2, modern day 360s.

Holy crap man, I know this is totally off topic, but what is that car in your sig? It kinda looks like a 2 door version of a 92-94 Legacy...
MPtyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #3
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: The R1 and R2, modern day 360s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPtyza
Holy crap man, I know this is totally off topic, but what is that car in your sig? It kinda looks like a 2 door version of a 92-94 Legacy...
Yes it is totally off topic, but anyway its a Lada 21106 GTI Coupe from Russia. Thought the colour was gorgeous and would be quite nice, if they were being retro about the styling . Yes your right it does look a bit like a 92-94 Legacy.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Re: The R1 and R2, modern day 360s.

The R-2 replaced the 360 in 1969 (though the 360 station wagon and sport models were produced through 1970) Production of the R-2 ended in 1972 - compared to the Rex which replaced it, and the 360, the production run was very short. Subaru naming a new car "R-2" - would be like VW making the "New Dasher" kinda funny!
A friend of mine has just imported the first R-2 (old one 70-72) to come to the U.S.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > 360 / R2 / Rex