Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #1
jimken
AF Newbie

Question Is Buying Used Car Online Safe ?

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy a used car online so need your advice is this safe ?
Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

jimken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Is Buying Used Car Online Safe ?

I am assuming "on-line" means you cannot inspect the car in-person. In my opinion, this is a terrible idea under most circumstances. Photos and mechanical inspections by others are a poor substitute for a personal inspection on condition.

Even if the condition is excellent, there simply may be features or performance endemic to a particular model that do not suit you, but are only revealed in person, such as personal comfort, car handling etc.

Of course, if you are buying a model with which you are very familiar and the price, and your expectations are low, you may have a good experience. High priced cars, such as premium models or unique collectible cars can be represented honestly, because the seller may have a vital interest in providing a good selling experience.

If you must do this, get as much information as possible. Photos, video, inspection by an independent mechanic etc all are good ideas to protect you. Finally, check out the seller and make sure they have a very good reputation for customer satisfaction.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
andrewlincoln318
Banned

maybe it safe, but its better to check first,, its hard if you notice the defect after you buy that car..
andrewlincoln318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #4
jeromedawson
AF Newbie

no, it's really not advisable to do that. You know a lot of unsecure transaction comes from those of the world wide web. So please don't. Especially when you're doing this without prior knowledge.

celebsnude.co/

Last edited by jeromedawson; 03-21-2014 at 02:51 AM.
jeromedawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:03 AM   #5
Hall1
AF Newbie

I would personally be able to negotiate a price online, but before I would ever give someone the money I would want to see the car for myself. Even if you buy a car off the lot there are plenty of things that can go wrong. Do not just take someone’s word for it.
Hall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:53 AM   #6
charlespe
AF Newbie

You can find the car online for sure. But my advice is go and see the car before you pay anything to anyone online
charlespe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:45 AM   #7
la1
AF Regular

there are 2 sides to this. If on ebay for instance the seller lives or dies by his/her ratings. I knew a neighbor that bought a van that was in great condition from someone that sells a lot of used cars on ebay. I would be kind of cautious if they had only one car to sell and had sold nothing else. All car purchases , before the purchase I would review what the seller would do to remedy a defective in your car once it has arrived. If its "send it back" to them that could be costly. If they will pay to have repaired locally by a repair shop you both agree on that would be good. I think there are auto brokers that sell used cars and will inspect a car from someone else before you buy the car online.
la1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #8
hoovr4673
AF Newbie

Check the seller's reputation.
hoovr4673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #9
MikeJones15
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Is Buying Used Car Online Safe ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimken View Post
Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy a used car online so need your advice is this safe?
Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
At first wish you for New Car!! Though I am back to here after many days & see your post. I think for buy a used car. At first, you meet your Car owner & see the CAR.Then search The Internet the CAR Model name with Brand Name for knowing the Car Features & recent Price. If Everything is Best for you Planning. Then you Decide you Bought the Car or Not.

Again Wish you For the Car.
MikeJones15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #10
paulfromoh
AF Newbie

It all depends... Are you talking full purchase and have it delivered to you, auction, eBay, craigslist, etc... Too many variables.

I would never buy a car sight unseen personally. I've bought 2 cars and lots of parts off craigslist but I've seen them before I paid.
paulfromoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #11
dodin04
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlespe View Post
You can find the car online for sure. But my advice is go and see the car before you pay anything to anyone online
That's right, and also make sure the profile in which you buy a car online, see a variety of possible responses. If less confident you can also conduct a survey to these places and ensure conditions as well as the car that you want. I hope you don't wrong in making decisions
dodin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #12
ATLjunkcars
AF Newbie

I would only by a car online without seeing it first if I was ordering from a dealer. I would have to personally inspect any used car I buy.
ATLjunkcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:48 AM   #13
Janna Cordero
Banned

You can search for a prospective car online but you have to personally check it first. You never know what the real condition is until you check it personally.
Janna Cordero is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic