Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis
F-Body Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
AgKyle2010
AF Newbie

Angry Camaro A/C Problems

I have a 98 Chevy Camaro V6 and am having issues with the A/C. Whenever I first start it up, the A/C works fine on all speeds, etc. Then after I drive it for 20-30 minutes, the fan blower motor continues to run, but there is no air blowing from the vents at any speeds. However, if I turn the A/C switch off for 10-15 minutes and then turn it back on, the A/C works fine again for another 20-30 minutes before it stops blowing air again.

Does anyone have any idea to what might be causing this and what I can do to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
AgKyle2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
wrightz28
is bring'n sexy back

Re: Camaro A/C Problems

Sounds like the blower motor might be on it's way out and overheating.
wrightz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
AgKyle2010
AF Newbie

Thanks for the response! That's what we were thinking too...we wanted to get a second opinion before we started workin' on it. I guess it's time to get to work! Thanks again!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
AgKyle2010
AF Newbie

The fan blower motor works great but now I have another problem. Air is blowing semi-cool but not nearly as cool as it should. The A/C compressor stays on all the time but the low pressure side reads approximately 80-90 and the longer it runs the higher it gets. I took it to a mechanic and he said the orfice may be plugged or the compressor may be going out. However, I was thinking maybe this is a sensor problem. The system is full of freon but there is still no cold air blowing. What do you think?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
wrightz28
is bring'n sexy back

They could be right with a plugged oriface tube, very possible, but hard to say. To be sure, I'd have a couple of other places look at it then.
wrightz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
a/c , air , camaro , conditioner , problem
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis