Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #1
jay2bears
AF Newbie

jay2bears

Ain't no power going to the fuel pump. Changed the fuse and relay still no power. Could it be the pcm? I need help FAST need this vehicle back on the road ASAP. It's a 98n Olds Silhoutte van, V6, 3.4, with 182,000 mi. Started, ran ROUGH, then died, restarted only with spraying carb cleaner into the air intake, then died again. Was running fine before all this happened. Tks for any info!

Last edited by jay2bears; 06-24-2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: remove: Smokin' Ed's BBQ
Old 06-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Re: jay2bears

Welcome to AF.

Please be advised that when posting in any forum annotate a proper title or description for the thread other than your AF member name.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 06-25-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
merc81
AF Enthusiast

Re: jay2bears(fuel pump?)

So, if no power to fuel pump then your SES light is on in the dash right? You need to find out what codes have been set in the ecm. Lots of reasons the fuel pump is shutting down, not likely its just not getting power due to failed part; more likely the ecm is shutting it down for a reason.

Normal operation is to operate for 2 sec when you first turn key to run postion. You should be able to hear that without starting car. Have you given a listen for the pump?
After 2 sec, and no engine rpm, the pump shuts off.

Even if pump has failed, then engine won't start, fuel pump power shuts down after 2 sec, and when you go try to measure pump for power, there won't be any . . .
Need to get ecm codes, or need to measure power to fuel pump before, during, after turning key from off to run position.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
Toymakerz
AF Newbie

I know this is an old post but I don't like to see info left out! Check the wire harness connector at the body junction first. (under left side doors) Because of the position of the connector it catches moisture and salt causing the female side to go bad. Sometimes the old bang on the gas tank trick will point you in the direction of a bad pump when all that's wrong is the harness. Yes, it has happened to me.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymakerz
I know this is an old post but I don't like to see info left out! Check the wire harness connector at the body junction first. (under left side doors) Because of the position of the connector it catches moisture and salt causing the female side to go bad. Sometimes the old bang on the gas tank trick will point you in the direction of a bad pump when all that's wrong is the harness. Yes, it has happened to me.

Thanks for contributing to the forum but please follow forum guidelines on old threads and do not resurrect them. Sorry but no exceptions. This thread has been closed.

Old Thread Guidelines

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette