Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > DTS
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81
02 DTS, wipers won't turn off.

I am working on an 02 Cadillac DTS and the wipers will not turn off same goes for the washer fluid pump. If I turn the key off they will shut off but as soon as the key it turned on the wipers starting going and soon after the pump will kick on and run. I have replaced the Multi-function switch and this did not help, I even unplugged all 3 connectors from the switch (thinking I got a bad switch) and this did not help either.

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

dksob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Reflash
AF Newbie

Re: 02 DTS, wipers won't turn off.

The circuit board on the wiper motor is bad. But you'll have to buy the whole motor assembly since the circuit board is not serviceable from GM.

Maybe aftermarket?
Reflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81
Re: 02 DTS, wipers won't turn off.

I was just about to update...lol reflash is right the problem was the wiper motor, I did some searching and seen that a few other GM products suffer from this problem and the Blower Motor Pulse Board is servicable but on this it is not and the whole wiper motor has to be repalced. I had to replace it with a wiper motor from a 2000 DTS because the one we got from the part store for the 02 DTS was totally different.

I wonder why I neever recieved and email from the forum saying I got a reply to this thread anyways thanks reflash, I wish I would have checked back sooner.

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

dksob81 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > DTS