Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
arkayic
AF Newbie

saturn sl2 wont start, keyless entry doesnt work

started as my cd deck was turning off and on to the potholes in the road, i dug into it, the power and memory line were dead, i jacked into the cig lighter and radio fuse terminal, cd deck worked fine, i start sautering my speaker wires (something i didnt bother doing before but said might as well since im already inside) and while moving wires around and sautering, *pop*, i grounded some hot wire, radio didnt work anymore, blew the radio fuse, replaced the radio fuse, (it was jacked into the right side, the dead side) and the cd deck worked, i went to start the car, car wont start, thinking it was the alarm (i disabled the honking and blinking lights) i pressed my 'unlock' button on the keyless entry, yep, didnt work at all, no other fuses are blown, so, if somoene could help me out, thatd be great, thanks
arkayic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: saturn sl2 wont start, keyless entry doesnt work

Just check all the fuses.
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
arkayic
AF Newbie

fuses

did, all good
Old 09-02-2004, 11:26 PM   #4
sierrap615
Master Tech Wanna-be

Re: saturn sl2 wont start, keyless entry doesnt work

was it the radio or chime fuse? if the key was out, the radio fuse shouldn't have blown, the chime fuse would have. the radio may have some sort of lock code that was reset when the chime fuse blew, call up saturn with your VIN and they will have the code and tell you how to enter it.
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
arkayic
AF Newbie

fixed

i ended up taking it to the shop, turned out the security system on the saturn was perminentaly set to not allow the car to turn on, 113 bucks to reset the system, thanks anyways guys
Old 09-05-2004, 08:35 PM   #6
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkayic
i ended up taking it to the shop, turned out the security system on the saturn was perminentaly set to not allow the car to turn on, 113 bucks to reset the system, thanks anyways guys
WHAT???? I work on vehicle security systems for a living and I have never heard that before. I am assuming that you have a newer car that has the Passlock II system? There isn't anything that will make that system lock you out permenately. It will however lock you out for 10minutes if you try to start it too many times with the wrong code. My guess is that the system was faulty and they changed something. GM has had many problems with the Passlock systems. Some cars had even had recalls on it.
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW