Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #16
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: '08 Silverado alternator issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327chevy View Post
Would this service bulletin be the same in Canada as it is there in the US? It'll be Monday before I can find a part number from a dealer and I just would like to have as much info as possible before I call a parts guy and have him give me the run around about " no such tech bulletin" .
parts guy looks up parts .. you would have to go down to the dealership and ask for the TSB about the low battery/charge light issue. I would first try internet search then with that in hand get them azz holes to give you the info..

get the new part number from the part guy also the cost. then find a internet supplier that has the best price.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #17
327chevy
AF Regular

Will driving the truck for any length of time cause the battery to drain with the sensor acting the way it is? I need to use my truck in a couple of days and the drive will be around 40 miles one way then a return drive.If I can't trust that the battery will still charge enough then I'll have to source another means of transportation.
327chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #18
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Will driving the truck for any length of time cause the battery to drain with the sensor acting the way it is? I need to use my truck in a couple of days and the drive will be around 40 miles one way then a return drive.If I can't trust that the battery will still charge enough then I'll have to source another means of transportation.
as long as it does charge sometimes you should be OK..if it is off too much then do not drive it. low voltage can mess up the sensors/cat converters.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #19
327chevy
AF Regular

I got a new cable with a new sensor attached today and put it on,seems to have cured the problem.My options were pretty limited and I needed the truck so on the advice of a service tech I went this route.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #20
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
I got a new cable with a new sensor attached today and put it on,seems to have cured the problem.My options were pretty limited and I needed the truck so on the advice of a service tech I went this route.
how much $$$.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #21
327chevy
AF Regular

The cable was $104 plus tax so all together $118 Canadian,I could've got it cheaper online but like I said I was kind of stuck and needed it fixed.This is supposed to be the second generation cable so I take that to mean it's an updated part,we'll see.I figure if I get another year or so out of it then I'll sell the truck for a newer one.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #22
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
The cable was $104 plus tax so all together $118 Canadian,I could've got it cheaper online but like I said I was kind of stuck and needed it fixed.This is supposed to be the second generation cable so I take that to mean it's an updated part,we'll see.I figure if I get another year or so out of it then I'll sell the truck for a newer one.
that is not all that bad of a cost .. you needed this quickly and if your out in the far out areas this limits you. like I said before this is a different part and part # because the original part was/is GM crap.. you should have no more problems since many have changed this part ... good luck ...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado