Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 12:16 PM   #16
12field
AF Newbie

Re: 1996 Jimmy - No Electrical Power - Head Gasket R&R

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyme2
Well I think it's all figured out. the dealer told me that if i had unhooked anything b4 disconnecting the battery that the brain box is probablly toast. so I have to pay him 65 bucks to hook it up to the computer and if its not that he will tell me what it is. I dont think i unhooked anything b4 disconnecting the battery cables but for 65 bucks what the heck,at least i'll know for sure. He did say that that is most likly what happend because its unusuall to have no power anywhere but the 3 leads comming off the battery.
Hey, It is the green wire at the alternator that is not homed correctly which gave no power at all!!!
12field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:12 PM   #17
heyme2
AF Newbie

I am taking it in this weekend I should know by next week sometime, and if all goes well i will be driving it next week sometime!....Just a word of advice ... if you ever have rough idle or really poor gas milage after checking all the obvious things take the intake apart and check there. On mine someone had used silicone on the cpi unit when it started leaking (wich is common on these when they have higher milage) and the nut kit(the send and return lines inside the intake) was leaking also... Im thinking this may have something to do with the bent pushrod i found when changing the head gasketts but im not sure what caused that.. well anyway i'll keep ya posted.
heyme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 01:12 PM   #18
12field
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 1996 Jimmy - No Electrical Power - Head Gasket R&R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12field
Did you fix your power problem yet - was it the brain box? Thanks!

Did you solve your problem? Thanks!
12field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:02 PM   #19
heyme2
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 1996 Jimmy - No Electrical Power - Head Gasket R&R

Nope not the brain box.. The dealer was not very detailed the paper says pushed inside no power to anything checked battery ok connected some wires got it to crank. some wires being? thats what id like to know!.. the only wire i saw was a green one that goes to the back of the alternator right with the power wire from the battery .. we had the green one grounded to the alternator... maybe that was it but i dont know for sure. once i hook up my scanner i will post the actuall invoice.all i can say is make sure every wire is hooked up because just one off can mess it all up..
Old 12-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #20
heyme2
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 1996 Jimmy - No Electrical Power - Head Gasket R&R

Hey 12field i was just reading through these posts and saw yours about the alternator was that green wire your problem also?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy