Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
latestgood
AF Newbie

What to expect after a car collisio????

Hello,

I recently got into a collision. According to police it's other guys fault. He has farmers and I have USAA. My doors on the passenger side have to replaced. In your experiences, what is the procedure usually? Do I get paid or take it to any shop and do they bill the insurance company?

Thank you,
latestgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
LearnAutoBody
Auto Body Mod

Re: What to expect after a car collisio????

I have recently learned that different states handle this different ways. However, you need to let your insurance company know and ask them what you need to do. You will probably need to make a claim with the other persons insurance. Again, depending on the insurance company and state may do this differnet ways. They may have an adjuster to come take a look at your vehicle or they may have you take it to a body shop or get two or three estimates to turn in to them. If it's a minor collision they may offer to write you a check. However, it it is a hard hit I would not settle on a price until the repairs have been made. There may be additional damage the repair shop finds once they start the repairs. (hidden damage) Any insurance adjusters out there that can better answer this question?
LearnAutoBody is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network