Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 08:16 PM   #1
imakedacookies
AF Regular

Possible cummins swap. Could be fun

This is going to be a rather long post. But id appreciate any thoughts as I am not one to think outside the box.

First of all I have a 2000 2500 5.9 auto, 310k miles running strong but everything around the motor is 100%shot, specifically the hydro boost and braking system. It dog tracks almost a whole tire off. Tranny rebuilt in the last 25k miles so powertrain is semi solid considering the miles.

Also have a 99 2500 5.9 auto 145k miles. Yes it has the dreaded #53 block... Yes it's cracked and leaks a gallon every 50 miles or so. Minor electrical leak somewhere, have to run it every other day or the batteries will be dead, and bad block heater. Everything else is perfect on the pickup.

My question is, how hard would it be to Frankenstein the 2 into one nice pickup that won't cause problems.

Second question, and what I would rather do. How hard/how much would it cost to get both into decent shape. They're farm pickups so as long as they run strong and start everytime im happy.

Thanks guys. Poor farmer with 3 shi**y pickups gets old sometimes. Cheap and reliable are the most important thing for me at the moment.
imakedacookies is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
cummins , dodge , swap
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10