Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
rubs
AF Newbie

rear strut mount issues on 2001 infiniti i30

Hi,

We replaced all struts and mounts in April and all all working fine except rear right. We used the Monroe sensa-trac for struts and KYB for mounts. Rear right strut broke in May and we thought may be bad part so we replaced with another kyb and that broke again in June. Now we put the Monroe mount to make sure to try different parts company. But parts store told me it may be something else that is breaking this mount but were not sure what to check. Any ideas what need to be done if this breaks again?

Thanks
--rubs
rubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
BeZerK2112
VG30DETT Goodness!

Re: rear strut mount issues on 2001 infiniti i30

I hear that the KYB strut mounts for this car are sub par. I have a set on my rear and one side went out, however, this was my fault. I would take a look at rockauto.com for car parts. THey have a large variety of parts from different vendors and such.

Make sure you have the original top plate on the mount. If you use a large washer, like I did, you will plow through mounts like they are going out of style. You can get them, as well as other actual OEM parts Courtesy Nissan parts. Just google it. Here is a link to their strut mount page. The plate-washer I am refering to is part number 56113X on the picture with the strut assembly.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima-...1873_1877.html

Good luck!

99 Maxima - View the Project at CarDomain

BeZerK2112 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35