Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
sickhonda
AF Regular

Nankang NS-1?

A very good friend is considering upgrading his stock rims to custom rims and the only wheel & tire package available that he can afford comes with Nankang NS-1, H-rating tires. I can't possibly talk him out of it since I'm not familiar with the brand tire myself. He's not into racing or an aggressive driver, but I'm concern about the overall performance of the tire itself. Will they last long, provide a quiet ride and what is the traction like on wet and dry surface? Tried searching the web for posted opinion but we need a real non-bias opinion from actual Honda drivers. I sure don't want to see the bastard shopping for replacement tires within a few months. I'm somewhat responsible, I've been nudging him (jokingly) to invest into new set of wheels for quite sometime now...only because he's always admiring my set of custom wheels and we drive the same year car. Anyone who can provide any input will be appreciated.
sickhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Nankang NS-1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickhonda
A very good friend is considering upgrading his stock rims to custom rims and the only wheel & tire package available that he can afford comes with Nankang NS-1, H-rating tires. I can't possibly talk him out of it since I'm not familiar with the brand tire myself. He's not into racing or an aggressive driver, but I'm concern about the overall performance of the tire itself. Will they last long, provide a quiet ride and what is the traction like on wet and dry surface? Tried searching the web for posted opinion but we need a real non-bias opinion from actual Honda drivers. I sure don't want to see the bastard shopping for replacement tires within a few months. I'm somewhat responsible, I've been nudging him (jokingly) to invest into new set of wheels for quite sometime now...only because he's always admiring my set of custom wheels and we drive the same year car. Anyone who can provide any input will be appreciated.
I realize this is an old thread but no one answered in 2 months, so I will.....

I've driven on nankang NS Sport -II tires...and let em tell you they SUCK. Horrible. I got a set of high end wheels on clearence years ago and they refused to not let my have them without the "free tires" They price was so good I said screw it and got em...they came with the nankangs. Drove on em for a bit and my gosh they sucked. My 17's had Pirelli's and those were lightyears better. Anyways, long sotry short I took off the nankangs immediatly and bought better tires. Nankangs suck, avoid them...thats my 2 cents. Save up for a better tire.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension