Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
prototype80
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to prototype80 Send a message via MSN to prototype80 Send a message via Yahoo to prototype80
will 92 civic shocks/struts, and springs fit on a 96-00 civic?

i was wondering this because i have been back in the market for another 96-00 model civic ex. last time i got 96 civic coupe and put neuspeed 2 3/4 drop lowering springs that were intended for a 95 civic hatch, something dont work right and my 17's rubbed the upper fender well in the rear hence damn near cutting the tires down and ruining a 6 month old set of kuhmo ecsta supras. i was wondering, maybe i had done something wrong or is this just simply not meant to be. i had put a ingalls camber kit to correct the front so that never was problem. i have a full tokico set up i had originally purchsed for my 92 hatch but now doubts of finding a capable mechanic to swap the sir motor in without having to drive 1200 miles to the next person i know can do it. i was just wandering if i will see problems again if i attempt to use these again on the 96-00 model civic ex. ok thts it sorry to bore ya

cheers
maxwell

just another u.s. army paratrooper
prototype80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: will 92 civic shocks/struts, and springs fit on a 96-00 civic?

It's not really ment to be since each car is designed to handle a different weight from the other. People get this combo to work, but I wouldn't advise doing it...
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension