Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
95dxcivic
AF Enthusiast

proper 2"-2.25" drop

how to do it, is there springs out there that go this low, i know i can do it with adjustable coilovers but i know i dont want that so, im trying to look for some springs that go down at least 2" this is what i want to achieve, and just to mention, this drop is not for performance or nothing, i just love the look, the back fenders will be widened out a little and so will the front fenders, and i might not correct the camber all the way to 0, i want some negative camber so the tires wont hit the fender since the drop is pretty agressive, but i want it to be a good drop not a f*ck'd up coilover drop, anyways, heres a photoshop pic i made(its in my sig)

tell me that doesnt look awesome

lowered on photoshop(its not that low, its not lowered at all!)

Empty Pockets Racing Member #4
95dxcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
TurboLaxx
AF Enthusiast

Re: proper 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95dxcivic

tell me that doesnt look awesome

That doesn't look awesome

Its a little too low for me. I like to be able to see almost the whole tire.
TurboLaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:49 PM   #3
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: Re: proper 2

There are 2"+ drop springs out there made by a lot of companies, Eibach & Neuspeed are the better companies to go with. Keep in mind the springs will be VERY stiff which will cause a bad ride. You will need to upgrade the struts, Tokico & KYB do not suggest more than 1.5" of lowering so your left with Koni yellows. By the time you pay for the springs & struts you could have got an entry level coilover setup which will ride much better. By coilovers I mean true coilovers with springs & struts not these $10.00 pile of crap coilover sleeves on ebay. Keep in mind the lower you go, the more you need to spend.
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
n8zdogg
AF Regular

Re: proper 2"-2.25" drop

I'd go for less drop - 17" wheel and a body kit. Seriously, that looks so low that engine cross member is sitting on the ground.
n8zdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #5
Jos4DCivic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Jos4DCivic
Looks Nice but i wouldnt enjoy the ride!!

Heart of my Baby - DOHC ZC - Si tranny - PG7
Finally painted!!!
Jos4DCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #6
95dxcivic
AF Enthusiast

i think im going with KYG agx or illuminas, whichever comes out to be cheaper, with ground control coilovers, i was also planning on Neuspeed race springs which offered a 2.25 inch lowering job in front and 2 on the back but im not sure if when i get them, im gonna like the stiffness and also the height, ground controls will allow me to choose whatever i like, i can slam it the full four inches for some pics, and just keep it at two inches for the street, only one question, will agx's or illuminas handle a 2-2.75 inch drop, i know ill ride my car every once in a while low if theres no problems, also, how bad will camber actally be, say im lowered 2.25 inches, will there be a BIG! noticeable look?
P.S. i know messed up camber will make my tires wear out unevenly, but i kinda want these tires to go by quick so i can get some falken ziex tires, ill fix camber when i get those.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #7
95dxcivic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: proper 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullShifter
Tokico & KYB do not suggest more than 1.5" of lowering so your left with Koni yellows.
they suggest not more than a 1.5 drop but can they handle it? konis are too expensive and i dont have THAT much money to spend, i have about $600 and thats what the konis probably cost on their own,

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zdogg
I'd go for less drop - 17" wheel and a body kit.
i dont want a body kit, maybe if i had 18's, but I think slammed on 17's with a shaved side molding would look so awesome, and clean looking too,

Old 01-08-2006, 01:02 AM   #8
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GScivic7 Send a message via MSN to GScivic7

A little over $600 = a set of Tein Basics or Omnipower coilovers.

Empty Pockets Racing Member #1
GScivic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:05 AM   #9
TurboLaxx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: proper 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95dxcivic
i think im going with KYG agx or illuminas, whichever comes out to be cheaper, with ground control coilovers, i was also planning on Neuspeed race springs which offered a 2.25 inch lowering job in front and 2 on the back but im not sure if when i get them, im gonna like the stiffness and also the height, ground controls will allow me to choose whatever i like, i can slam it the full four inches for some pics, and just keep it at two inches for the street, only one question, will agx's or illuminas handle a 2-2.75 inch drop, i know ill ride my car every once in a while low if theres no problems, also, how bad will camber actally be, say im lowered 2.25 inches, will there be a BIG! noticeable look?
P.S. i know messed up camber will make my tires wear out unevenly, but i kinda want these tires to go by quick so i can get some falken ziex tires, ill fix camber when i get those.

If you get ground control sleeves, they come with eibach springs so i dont know why you would buy other springs. I have the ground control sleeves with koni yellow shocks. I can drop this car a little over 4" on the 8" springs if I want. With my initial 1.5" drop i could already see my wheels leaning inwards from the camber. Lots of people say that everytime you adjust your height you should get your car aligned. I dont know if this is really true but it could be. If you plan on changing your height a lot just buy and alignment plan over a few years so you only have to pay once. I really think any drop over 2" requires a camber kit otherwise your directional tires will be gone within a year.
TurboLaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #10
95dxcivic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: proper 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLaxx
If you get ground control sleeves, they come with eibach springs so i dont know why you would buy other springs.

i didnt mean that, i meant getting either ground controls, or neuspeed race springs, one of the two, not a combo of both, sorry if i wrote it in a wierd way,

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension