Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 10:31 AM   #1
dubwiser
AF Newbie

wheel compatibility w/ hyundai? '90 accord vs. '99 elantra...

i have a question about swapping stock wheels on a 1999 elantra (P195/60/R14) with konig 'villain' series rims and cooper tires (P195/60/R15).

Villain

15x6.5

i have the konig 15"s on my 1990 honda accord with either 1.5" or 2" drop i can't recall how much i dropped it 7 years ago.

the 1999 elantra has stock rims & tires (14" steel wheels i think?).

i took both cars to a tire shop where the guy told me he'd charge $90 to swap 'em but there was NO GUARANTEE they'd be compatible and i'd still owe the $90 labor charge. he said the calipers could be different or something along those lines.

but then he called american racing (i guess his 'rim guys') and i think he did confirm that the swap should work but the main concern was whether or not there was enough space/room for the front tires to move without hitting the wheel well since we were upgrading to a 15" tire from a 14".

since he didn't have any guarantee, i told him i'd do some more research and come back maybe. can anyone here please help me out?

the 14"s off the hyundai SHOULD work no problem on the honda though, right? it would just sit even lower with 14"s instead of 15"s since i had the sprint lowering springs added.

also, has anyone lowered their 1999 hyundai elantra with the common 1.75" lowering kits out there on the market WITH 15" WHEEL PACKAGES without anyone problems?

thanks in advance.
dubwiser is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension