Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
DeathFromAbove
AF Newbie

'95 Intermitent Problem

Let me give some background first.

I have a 95 Contour 4 Cylinder 2.0L 5-speed manual, it has about 77000 miles on it. I have had the car since summer of 2000. This car has been great to me until about last summer when it started acting up. First I started to get a check engine light that would come on for about 5-10 seconds and then go off, sometimes it would come back in a few minutes and go off again or it wouldn't come back on until I drove it another time. It was very random at first, then it started to mainly come on when I was between 70 and 75. If the light came on if I accelerated above 75 or deccelerated below 70 it would go off immediately. If I stayed in that range it would go off in about 10-15 seconds. So I decided to get the code checked, and it was a camshaft position sensor error, so I replaced the sensor and the light went away. Then about a month and a half later the car started to skip when I accelerated, if I pushed the gas more then 1/3 of the way it would start to skip and buck. I replaced the fuel filter and that had no effect, my mechanic said it was misfiring. I had already replaced the spark plugs in the summer sometime, I ordered the plugs directly from Ford, I beleive they are motorcraft platinum plugs. So I decided I would replace the ignition wires, that seemed to fix the problem.

However now I get to the point of the post, from time to time when I am accelerating the car skips like before, but instead of skipping continuosly over and over it does it maybe once or twice and then is fine for a little while. It is very random now, I am open to any suggestions you may have, I was thinking fuel injectors, but I wanted your opinions before I spent money on those.
DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour