Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:43 PM   #121
Jlink2004
AF Newbie

Re: Honda haters?

I am a Die hard American Classic enthusiast but I dont hate imports with a passion, I simply dislike them. My problem with hondas and other ricers is that They are so widely available, everyone and their little brother has one and because they sound like someone done pissed off a bumble bee. Also because all these kids get them put some plastic wheel covers on them and a 4 foot wing on the back and think their cool. One more thing for all you performance minded import owners and your sacred wings. Think about it, the point of a spoiler/wing is to increase downforce right? but all your imports with the exception of a few like the eagle talon are front wheel drive so putting more downforce on the back end thereby lifting the front end up will give you LESS traction NOT more Giant wings screw up Hondas they dont help them.
Jlink2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 04:35 PM   #122
ForgottenX
AF Newbie

saddly I agree with you .. i do love imports though but the fact of the wings is soo true ... thats Y i drive a rwd supra and don't plan to do any body mods until i'm done with my engine and drive train ...
ForgottenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:31 PM   #123
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13_Iketani
because most (NOTE: I SAID MOST, NOT ALL) Honda owners make the worst modifications to their cars, such as Altezza lights and other ugly ass shit, and then claim that they're the fastest thing on the road and can take all challengers. i'll admit, there are some hardcore guys out there that own Honda's that are truly fast (such as Spoon Honda's), but the majority of the ones you hear about today are ugly-ass show cars with huge, heavy, ugly body kits, heavy ugly chrome wheels, neon kits, altezza's, aluminum wings and nothing done to the engine.
i duno why u seem to hate on hondas.. even if u put in an intake and think ur car is fast.. it IS FASTER even marginally faster than the stock car.. so whats there to complain about.. looks are also subjective.. what if someone lives in an area where altezzas and fancy lights make ur car? then whatever u drive won't be nice in their eyes.. don't be so biased.. looks are subjective
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:35 PM   #124
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlink2004
I am a Die hard American Classic enthusiast but I dont hate imports with a passion, I simply dislike them. My problem with hondas and other ricers is that They are so widely available, everyone and their little brother has one and because they sound like someone done pissed off a bumble bee. Also because all these kids get them put some plastic wheel covers on them and a 4 foot wing on the back and think their cool. One more thing for all you performance minded import owners and your sacred wings. Think about it, the point of a spoiler/wing is to increase downforce right? but all your imports with the exception of a few like the eagle talon are front wheel drive so putting more downforce on the back end thereby lifting the front end up will give you LESS traction NOT more Giant wings screw up Hondas they dont help them.
thats why we put body kits on our cars so it'll create downforce equally on the car lol.. anyways it'll just push the back of the car down once ur going like 60mph n faster.. it wont' make the front of the car higher.. just the back lower.. and some people like the sound of an exhaust.. i wanted a deep sounded exhaust on my accord.. but i found out a majority of the "rice" exhausts actually make ur car slower
Old 02-26-2004, 10:47 PM   #125
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBball972
hey now......

I agree, Hondas suck, they're the worst form of rice especially with the fucn fart cans....they piss me off too when they put the weird taillights on it, and they're hey man, this is cool, and i'm like hey man, no its not, shut up

plus, dude, wtf???

wisconsin?

im from wisconsin........well.......okay............they'r e a fucn load of ricers here, haha

Asians.........
lol asians? i live in rosemead.. which is near montebello.. n its fulla mexican ricers.. they're even worse than the asian ricers so dont start being racist now
Old 02-26-2004, 11:14 PM   #126
broddie50
AF Enthusiast

Rice is Rice, the persons race has nothing to do with anything. If the shoe fits....
broddie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 12:34 AM   #127
skrow03GT
AF Newbie

MAC Prochamber 2.5" HTS
Flowmaster AT 2 Chamber Cat-Back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tokico Illuminas 5-way Shocks/Struts
X2C v2.0 UCA/LCA's
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Aluminum d/s
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda T/A 14*
Nitto 275/45 Drag Radials
Bullit Intake

Waiting to Install : NX 100 Wet Shot
skrow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:16 AM   #128
chavocrazy69
AF Regular

These people that hate Hondas are feeling jealous. I think. I mean, don't these Chevy Malibu drivers feel like dumbasses when their pieces fail after 50k miles? Hondas are made to last, and thats why they are expensive, which alienates all kinds of cheap people. Eat that.
chavocrazy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:47 PM   #129
chavocrazy69
AF Regular

Read any car magazine or speak with owners of recent GM products and tell me that GM is back in the game. GM is still tying its shoes while everyone else is out playing.
chavocrazy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:45 PM   #130
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavocrazy69
These people that hate Hondas are feeling jealous. I think. I mean, don't these Chevy Malibu drivers feel like dumbasses when their pieces fail after 50k miles? Hondas are made to last, and thats why they are expensive, which alienates all kinds of cheap people. Eat that.
You're right, they were made to last; they are economy cars. Besides that, I always thought Hondas were pretty cheap vehicles, and I highly doubt that anyone is jealous of honda owners. Why would someone be jealous of honda owners and then go spend more money on another car when that money could have gotten them a honda? See where I'm going? As for reliability of GM, I work at a GM delearship and I have seen MANY vehicles come in with 150k, and even a couple with 270k miles on them, just getting regular maintenance(i.e. oil changes, tire rotation and such). If you look at the engines, you'll see that overall they are good build quality. The 3.8 is one of the best engines they have ever built; remember the GN? That's a Series I 3.8 with a turbo charger, GREAT car, and something I would take over any turboed honda or acura, even if it was done right. I have a 3.8 in my car and I didn't have to replace the head gaskets until 80k miles, I don't know if that means much to you but oh well. Hell, even the 3.4 is a strong engine, if it weren't for the damn leaks that engine would be more well thought of.
I used to be the same way you are ya know? I used to swear that ford cars suck, specifically the mustang, but you know what? I don't think that way anymore. Just because there is a vehicle I would rather have in place of a mustang, doesnt mean that they are crap, it just means that I favor the other vehicle more.

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
jon@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:51 PM   #131
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Swigz
t. I have a 3.8 in my car and I didn't have to replace the head gaskets until 80k miles.
Why did you have to replace the head gaskets so soon. I have a Park Ave with the 3.8 that has 193,000 on it and have never had to replace the head gaskets. Or is this the 3.8 that Ford makes.

gonenuts15792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:16 PM   #132
MR2Driver
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxthuggie
thats why we put body kits on our cars so it'll create downforce equally on the car lol.. anyways it'll just push the back of the car down once ur going like 60mph n faster.. it wont' make the front of the car higher.. just the back lower.. and some people like the sound of an exhaust.. i wanted a deep sounded exhaust on my accord.. but i found out a majority of the "rice" exhausts actually make ur car slower
1. Im willing to bet very few of those body kits have been wind tunnel tested and proven to reduce drag and increase downforce.

2. On a FWD you want more traction over your drive wheels, that spoiler does nothing for you. During a drag launch your weight transfers to the back and your front wheels just spin. Do you really want to increase the weight over your rear wheels?

3. Getting an exhaust because you like the sound of it isnt wrong. Its your car and your money. The line ends there... too many people cross that line when they overestimate the gains of said exhaust, and consider their cars "sports cars" becuase they sound such a way.
MR2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:57 PM   #133
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Well, we had just gotten the car and I went over everything and checked them out and there was a problem in the gaskets; a bit of a defect, so I replaced it. It's the GM model. Like I say, it was a defective gasket, which come about every once in a while.

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
jon@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:14 PM   #134
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792

oh.

gonenuts15792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:42 PM   #135
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlink2004
i like both import and american, and honda is known to last long, even lots of american car owners will admit that. why do they put wings on the proffesional import cars that race? moderator carrnuut has went over this plenty of times, wings are not bad, they actually help. i own a vr4 with a sticker on the side of it that says south bend clutch, and, i've blown the doors off many american cars. and why are people on here talking down on asians, as if there dumb. most the ricers around here are white, and lots of asians have 12 sec integra's. so what, does that mean to talk down on white's.

please people , no racism!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General