Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 07:32 PM   #31
3.0L_Playa
AF Newbie

Don't Forget

The 4DSC. The almighty Maxima. Especially the 4th Gen. Great styling. Incredible engine. Eats Honduh's for breakfast.
3.0L_Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:19 PM   #32
TheLogikal1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TheLogikal1
Re: Don't Forget

Quote:
Originally posted by 3.0L_Playa
The 4DSC. The almighty Maxima. Especially the 4th Gen. Great styling. Incredible engine. Eats Honduh's for breakfast.
dude, idont mean to hate, but youre wacko.

maxima? sports car? almighty?

maybe luxury/sports car, but not a "true" sports car, and im sure most poeple on this thread will agree

ps. i do not think any sports car should have 4 doors
TheLogikal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 12:01 AM   #33
TatII
AF Fanatic

errr so what do you call the mitsubishi evolution series? what about the sabaru wrx sti's? those things are super car slayers, and guess what? they come in four doors. its freakin awesome. i can go out kill most cars i see on the road, with the kids in the backseat and on my way to buy goceries. you just can't beat that man~!:smoka:

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 01:59 PM   #34
TheLogikal1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TheLogikal1
Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
errr so what do you call the mitsubishi evolution series? what about the sabaru wrx sti's? those things are super car slayers, and guess what? they come in four doors. its freakin awesome. i can go out kill most cars i see on the road, with the kids in the backseat and on my way to buy goceries. you just can't beat that man~!:smoka:
just cause its fast, doesnt make it a sports car.

dont get me wrong tat, im not trying to contradict you, im just saying, i consider the WRX and STI sport sedans. rmore rally bred cars than a sports car is supossed to.

yes they can kill my car and many other cars on the road, but so can this new cadilac SUV that i saw at the chicago autoshow. does that make it a sports car?
TheLogikal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:20 PM   #35
TatII
AF Fanatic

hahah i don't care if its a sport car or not i'll like it as long as its fast

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:33 AM   #36
sashley08
AF Newbie

Are you joking???

All I need to know is where you live so I never go there. Yes there is a respectable aspect to a car...and I mean any car... when it is hooked up right! Regardless, 99.9% of Honda owners do DUMB shit to their cars and pretend like they are cool. NO HONDA is Cooler than a good ol' DOMESTIC BEAST!!! I have a Spec V, I realize that my car is an import, but I know and respect the true great cars of OUR NATION... The GTO, Corvette, Chevelle, Saleen! These are what I refer to as IMPORT EATERS.
sashley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 01:21 AM   #37
SuBaRuRuLeS
AF Newbie

Talking right!

Quote:
Originally posted by TatII

If you got a clean ride with no altezzas, big ass aluminum thing on the back, auto in your car, then I like your Honda
Old 06-20-2003, 11:57 AM   #38
Kobal
AF Newbie

To reiterate the point that several of you have made here...

I don't like the 'ricers' I see running around my area. There are thousands of them, and each one is worse than the last. Standard features include: 5-inch fart pipe, 100-pound park bench wing (on a FWD car, no less), 'euro' tail lights, 18-in alloys and a 2-in drop. Worse are the ridiculous 'grafix' idiots plaster all over these monstrosities, citing the 'turbo' power or 'racing' gear they have. I regularly dust these people in the 6-cyl Taurus I unfortunately own.

HOWEVER, there is a guy who lives in my apartment complex who owns an '01 Civic Si that is a pristine example of what to do with an import street racer. This car is entirely black, 5-spoke redline rims included, and dropped really low. That's it. Aside from the fat exhaust tip, I barely recognize it as a Civic. To boot, he regularly has numbers markered on his windows on Monday mornings, detailing what he actually does with this car on the weekends.

That's what I'd do if I owned a Honda, Nissan, etc. Anything else (other than stock) is bullshit.
Kobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:00 PM   #39
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
OK- saying that all Honda owners do dumb stuff to thier car is just bullshit not true- my mum kept her '01 Civic VTiS 5 door hatch completely stock until last month when she traded it for a Skoda Octavia

Not all Honda owners are dumb little kids- Hondas are reliable economical motors- the Civic Si/Type R is a Sportshatch- all other Civics are economy cars- simple as that. The Prelude and Integras I do define as Sports cars- the Inegra 4 doors are Sports Sedans- but either way they both look very nice indeed. Integras are very capable machines- reflected by Ronnie Lim of NZ- pulling 9.89 second 1/4's in his FWD Turbo'd B18C- and it proves more reliable than the 8.6 second Skylines! Well from what I've seen anyway.

Anyway I do respect Honda- but as an awesome chassis designer, an innovator and an A-to-B car maker

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:21 AM   #40
Kobal
AF Newbie

You're right, and any car can be fast. I once saw a jet engine-equipped semi do 300mph.

Bottom line, Civics and Integras are a lot of fun to drive. They handle well, are suprisingly quick, and are very economical. When you put a 14psi turbo and a shot of nitrous under the hood they can run very short quarters. Their being small and lightweight greatly assists the 4-cyl motor in pulling that off, and those qualities have always been greatly sought after by drag racers (most notably with Darts in the 60's and 70's).

However, most of the "tricked out" Hondas I see nowadays look like shit, and I'm only criticising those particular owners who have absolutely no grasp on aesthetics. I've seen plenty of Mustangs that look terrible, too. Bad taste is not a genre-specific affliction; it just so happens that a lot of younger Honda owners seem to be retarted, and have given the masses a bad name.
Kobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:38 PM   #41
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Quote:
Originally posted by BLU CIVIC
THE JDM ITR PUTS OUT 210HP....SO IN ORDER TO BE A SPORTS CAR...A REAL SPORTS CAR YOU HAVE TO HAVE RWD SINCE WHEN HAS THAT BECOME A STANDARD
I agree here too. Apparently some people are so uncultured in the automotive world that they have never seen a SAAB Sonett, or a DKW Monza - both of which are more of sportscars than anything being produced today regaurdless of whether or not the rear wheels are powered.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 08:59 PM   #42
Maximadave
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximadave
Re: Don't Forget

Quote:
Originally posted by 3.0L_Playa
ditto....just see my avatar

Internet Manager @ Car Buy Choice, Inc.
Buy Your Next Car At Internet Wholesale
www.carbuychoice.com
(800) 290-0660
Maximadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:07 PM   #43
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
I don't hate Hondas/Honda owners. I don't like idiot ricers, regardless of what car they drive.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 11:23 PM   #44
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon
I don't hate Hondas/Honda owners. I don't like idiot ricers, regardless of what car they drive.

So fucking true!!!!!

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 06:18 PM   #45
GermanGiant
AF Newbie

Hondas praised, hell must have froze over

Well I dont know where you live, but around here only the highschool drop outs and dirty minorities (no offense but its mostly true) drive "pimped out Honda civics" Now dont get me wrong, I think that Hondas and Ford Focus and Cavaliers are fine cars for just driving from point A to point B but its just sad and pathetic when people do stuff to them. They look retarded, most of the owners are drugged losers anyway, and they're a threat on the roads. Every summer when the car show comes to town, who causes the accidents, those dumb ricers and neons and ****. Thank God none of my friends drive Hondas, I would be embarrased to ride in one of those. I'm a fan of sport cars (Porsches, Ferraris, etc.) and muscle cars (Mustangs, Camaros, etc.) And the funny thing is most rice racers think they can take those cars.... they must be on crack, but its always fun to win the races when your out w/ the friends, b/c then you have more stories to share about those dumb Honda lovers...........................

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General