Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Camaro SS or Mustang Cobra
Camaro 76 59.38%
Mustang 52 40.63%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 03:27 AM   #16
Cannabis
AF Regular

One more thing. An aquantince of mine has a 98 cobra. Naturally Aspirated with 450 hp at the wheels. He made most of the mods himself in labs.(you would be amazed at what a profesor will let you do if you get to be friends with him)
Old 11-06-2001, 05:12 PM   #17
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Arrow Cannabis

DAMN!! That's my kind of prof!! Wish I had had teachers like that in college.. 'course when I was in college, if I had had my Integra back then, I probably wouldn't have even swapped out the stock air filter for a K&N out of fear of voiding the warranty. I've changed my thinking some since then.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:34 AM   #18
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Camaro. I think the reason some of you don't like the appearance might be because of the newer headlight design. I would buy a new Camaro and fit on the front clip from before the facelift. That front end with the recessed headlights looks far more along the lines of a 'traditional Camaro', while the connected bulbous headlamps just looks like a corporate gimmick. Oh yeah, and also I would opt for the Anniversary edition, just to show respect for the final production. Think about it. When you've got your new Cobra, in only a few years another new one will come out, and eventually yours will feel a bit dated. The final Camaro body is to be the last of the full production models (a small-scale production for future Camaros has been considered), and will look timeless and fantastic for decades to come.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:23 AM   #19
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

Personally, I'd take the Cobra, but I'm a lifelong Ford guy. But the more and more I ride in my buddies SS, the more I like it. I would never buy one, but have a ton of respect for them.

1991 LX - 8.36 @ 83.13...1.82 60'
Shooting for 8.10's or better w/ stock heads, a shit cam and a factory production intake.

Old 11-26-2001, 11:05 AM   #20
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Camaro. No question. There is no replacement for displacement, and the camaro makes so much more power than the stang on the ROAD dyno (especially lower-end power). The looks can be fixed. It is faster around the road course (live axles still work well for handling, just suck for ride). Plus, with a few basic mods the Camaro will really outpace the stang (even if the stang has the same mods)
Old 12-04-2001, 08:58 PM   #21
LiuBei
AF Regular

Ford, HA. Mustang, What a load of crap. And why did you not include The Pontiac Trans Am, which is better than both. One word, Firehawk. Case and point, I win.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:43 PM   #22
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Quote:
Ford, HA. Mustang, What a load of crap. And why did you not include The Pontiac Trans Am, which is better than both. One word, Firehawk. Case and point, I win.
:ylsuper
Old 12-05-2001, 12:50 PM   #23
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by LiuBei
I know what you mean man. I dated a girl that drove a Civic EX. Now that car will literally peel the pavement off the road. Give me a break.

Shooting for 8.10's or better w/ stock heads, a shit cam and a factory production intake.

Old 12-05-2001, 12:51 PM   #24
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
i had to pick the Camero because I am biased and do not really like Ford.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:50 PM   #25
LiuBei
AF Regular

Hey blacksnake, I got a little equation for you: Take the number of miles you have on your POS Mustang when it falls apart {100k if god has blessed you} multiply that 7 and that is how many miles I can drive my Civic for without any problems. Did Civics ever come with a V-8 and RWD? No I didn't think so. Still unless you have a time machine and go back to the 80's I don't think you'll find any STOCK Mustangs beating any F-Body cars, HOOAH.

BTW, I had a 1999 Trans Am WS6. I got rid of it because of impracticality and high insurance. Though I'll never forget those days when some high school kid would pull up next to me in a Mustang or Camaro for that matter, make some noise, and start laughing and smiling at his friends next to him. I wonder if they appreciated how beautiful my car was from the rear end.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:55 PM   #26
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Arrow LiuBei

When these little races took place, were you driving solo? Because with all due respect, if you were alone and these high school kids with their friends (plural) challenged you, the extra weight they had to move alone would throw the odds heavily in your favor. Figure two 150-pound scrawny high school kids, which would generally give you close to a 10% horsepower-to-weight advantage right there.
Old 12-05-2001, 02:15 PM   #27
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by LiuBei
Hey blacksnake, I got a little equation for you: Take the number of miles you have on your POS Mustang when it falls apart {100k if god has blessed you} multiply that 7 and that is how many miles I can drive my Civic for without any problems. Did Civics ever come with a V-8 and RWD? No I didn't think so. Still unless you have a time machine and go back to the 80's I don't think you'll find any STOCK Mustangs beating any F-Body cars, HOOAH.

BTW, I had a 1999 Trans Am WS6. I got rid of it because of impracticality and high insurance. Though I'll never forget those days when some high school kid would pull up next to me in a Mustang or Camaro for that matter, make some noise, and start laughing and smiling at his friends next to him. I wonder if they appreciated how beautiful my car was from the rear end.

You are right, you won't find any STOCK mustangs beating F-bodies. But who leaves them stock? I could mention the difference in displacement in the Mustang vs. F-body, but that debate has been going on forever. You do realize that a mustang has only a 281 cid engine compared to the 350 cid F-body don't you? Nevermind. I'm not too worried about my "POS mustang" falling apart. I have owned cars of all makes, it depends on each individual vehicle as far as how long it will last. Hell, my 87 T-Bird had almost 180,000 miles on the stock/ unrebuilt engine when I sold it, and I still see it around town. Regarless how many miles it has on it when it finally dies, I'm sure that will have put far more smiles on my face than your all-powerful Civic has put on yours. No flames intended, sorry if it appears that way.

Old 12-05-2001, 03:11 PM   #28
hakka
AF Enthusiast

blacksnake...how moch power is your cobra making? Whats your fastest ET?
Old 12-05-2001, 03:24 PM   #29
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

It dyno'd right around 270 rwhp & 270 rwtq several months ago. I have made a few more mods since, so I'm hoping for close to 300rwhp/tq. I'm waiting for a nice cool day to go to the dyno. Over the summer, it was right around 90 degrees, and really humid. So far, my best time is in the low 9's in the 1/8th. I have absolutely no traction what so ever. My trap speeds are pretty good, but my 60' times are horrible. I even had my last three runs video tapped to verify my lack of traction. It looks and sounds just as bad on video as it does in the car. I have to launch at no more than 1800 rpm, or I just blow the tires off. I'm sure driver error has something to do with the times as well, since I have only done it a couple of times. 6 runs total to be exact. Anyways, those are numbers. Nothing to brag about, but there not that bad I guess.

Old 12-05-2001, 03:36 PM   #30
4ndrms
Banned

Send a message via AIM to 4ndrms
i choose the camaro ss,my cusion has a 2000 and it's bad

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons