Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
GeneralESpeaking
AF Newbie

Need some advice

Hi everyone. So I work at the auto center at Walmart and I was tasked with transferring an old tire to a spare rim for a Ford. However, while taking the tire off the old rim a little bit of the rubber on the bead got shaved off. I still continued to put it on the spare rim though and now the customer has that tire as their spare. I just need some advice on whether this was a terrible decision or not. If they use that tire is there a possibility of a blowout occurring? Or will it just lose air? I'm thinking that if anything I can try to contact the customer and get them to come back to the shop. My job might be fucked, but I really don't want anyone getting hurt because of me. What do you guys think?
GeneralESpeaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: Need some advice

It depends on the size/amount of rubber that was lost and if it included any of the belt material. If there was no belt lost, it shouldn't fail. But it will probably leak over time and the customer will have a flat spare when they need a full one. If you think about someone late at night with a flat on the side of the road in a place without cell service, you wouldn't want to be responsible for them to not have a good spare.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion