Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
93-240SX-COUPE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 93-240SX-COUPE
Noob help for S13

This is also good for anyone else that needs more info, like me.

Go pickup the June 2007 issue of SCC.

Has 5 pages on history about the car, issues that the car has interior, exterior, and under the hood.

And then the important stuff that you care about: mods.

18 pages of product listings to get u pointed in the right direction including engine upgrades (rebuilt) and swaps (SR/RB), turbo kits/ehaust manifolds, downpipe, exhaust, intake, camshafts/valvetrain, pistons/rods, ecu (standalones, piggybacks, ecu upgrades), electronics (i.e boost gauges and controllers, igntition and turbo timers, wideband meters, etc.), oil pans/cooler, radiator, fmic, clutch, lsd, brake kits, brake parts (rotor upgrades, pads, lines, fluid), springs/coilovers, suspension arms, strut tower braces/chassis, miscellaneous (fuel rails, headgaskets, sprockets, mounts, pulleys, roll cages, 5 bolt hubs, etc.).

Best of all, cuz ur lazy and gonna ask where to get it: it has a phone number and website, and price for each product.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
xcusememisswyn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xcusememisswyn
Re: Noob help for S13

all the products are probably their paying advertisers tho, they dont give a shit whether its good for your car, they just want the check for hypin it

RB20DET, 260whp, Drive to Destroy.
xcusememisswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
93-240SX-COUPE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 93-240SX-COUPE

Yeah ur right, I guess AMS doesnt know shit about KA's or anything...

Or u might of heard of some these brands:

Most of the exhaust/turbo stuff is Greddy, HKS, Tomei, Blitz
Engine stuff is Crower, JE, Arias, Carillo
ECU is AEM, JWT, Apexi
Radiator/FMIC/Oil Pans are ARC, Greddy, Koyo, Blitz
Clutch are ACT, Fidanza, Exedy, Cusco
LSD is Kaaz, Tomei, Cusco, Nismo, OS Giken
Brake Kits/Parts are Endless, Greddy, Stop Tech, Project Mu
Springs/Coilovers are Tein, Apexi, JIC, HKS, Tanabe
Suspension is Battle version, JIC, Stillen, Tein, Cusco, Kazama
Struts are Greddy, JIC, Tein, Cusco, Tanabe

All of these brands are big brands that make good shit. If they advertise with SCC then its not really like they need too cuz u know all these brands already.

Anyways, its meant to be used as a guide for the new people who start their first post like "so i just got this car, what should i buy to make it fast?" or handle better?" or cool it better?"
Old 04-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

w/e some of that stuff is good some is garbage. basically, they put all the overhyped products in that guide without actually telling people how good the stuff is and leaving out a lot of products that are better than big name brands.

JIC + tein suck balls

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

i will agree about tein. JIC is ok...i mean suspension arms are suspension arms no matter who makes it....there all almost identical. EXCEPT coils. The only good thing about JIC coilovers is they have usa service center. So you dont have to wait 4 months to get your coilovers back. More like a few weeks. Plus jic makes other stuff that is decent. Titanium exhausts etc. Tein doesnt have anything.....oh i forgot, they also offer "hood dampers" bahahahaah. I bet tein would be the first brand to be found in like walmarts and autozones and stuff out of all those companies.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Best suspension arms: Bings.ca
Best coilovers: Stance

And this taking in all factors, especially post purchase service.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:19 PM   #7
xcusememisswyn
AF Enthusiast

All suspension arms are not the same, I have seen people go through Megan three times just to get one that wasnt falling apart at the welds.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...458/badarm.jpg

I'm not sayin all the stuff is crap, good companies obviously advertise with SCC as well, but half that stuff is JDM hype more than quality parts, and for every part in there SCC's check just got a little bigger. S-chassis' are on the rise right now with HS teen F&F fans world wide, and SCC saw that as an opportunity to make a lot of extra money in this month's issue. Almost everything you see in magazines is backed not by research, but by advertising, trust me, I go to school for this. Every part in the monthly tips section, and every part in that S-chassis guide is making SCC more money.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

There are many levels of spherical rod ends for multi link. Megan and other china brands use a lower grade. SPL, Battle Version, Peak Performance and all JDM companies use medium-high grade. Bings.ca uses highest grade available.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #9
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

lol of course megan.......but anyways they are the same. Look around, just because they have sucky welds doesnt mean there not the same. They just have bad quality......

im talking any decent brand name shit. They all are almost identical. ITS AND ADJUSTABLE ROD....its just threads fellas. Screw in, screw out. Granted some will be thicker etc etc, its all about applications. My spl tension rods make teins look like chopsticks. As far as the pillowballs, slidestar is right. THere are hardcore ones and more medium level ones.

I want new coils, its between stance and kts. THere are plenty "better", just no one wants to pay 2,500 + for coils.....which is usually a more specific built (drag, track, rally, etc) coil-over. For the street general fun whatever type car, i would say stance/kts. Lack of service for the kts hinders them, but i guess it would only matter if you broke one.

Last edited by Chuki_breath; 05-01-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Chuki_breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #10
xcusememisswyn
AF Enthusiast

Lack of service thru KTS, but SPL will help you out as much as possible... and replacements for KTS are good and cheap

but i have Stance

Old 02-28-2017, 12:14 PM   #11
Boosted S13
AF Newbie

Question Re: Noob help for S13

I'm new to everything as well but I had a question about engine compatibility. I used to drive a 2003 Avalon xls with a 3.0 litre vvt V6 [It makes 210 bhp without tuning]. The Avalon is (obviously) FWD, but I was wondering about compatibility with a '93 240sx. It'd be a big help. I'm dreaming big things for the car but I don't know how difficult it would be to swap this. Thanks for the help!
Boosted S13 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX